This up-coming Sunday marks my very first crash course on sewing, and as of this moment, I literally can’t sew anything. In fact, I don’t actually even own a sewing machine, but despite my current lack of knowledge, talent, and tools, I can still look the part (sort of) with this awesome pin-cushion tutorial. Thanks to The Spotted Fox and Punk Projects for giving me some dignity as a 23 year-old woman attempting to hold onto the skirt-tail of Betty Home-maker..
Things you’ll need:
- 1. A cute cup, or tea cup
- 2. 12 x 12 piece of scrap fabric
- 3. Scissors
- 4. Cotton balls (why? because people who don’t sew don’t own real fiberfill stuffing)
- 5. A hair tie, or rubber band
1. Gather your supplies & lay your fabric scrap flat, with the print side face down.
2. Bunch up a handful of cotton balls in the center of your fabric.
3. Fold up the sides of your fabric around the cottons balls, fluffing them if necessary.
4. Secure the fabric with your elastic band, and then shove the bundle into your cup with the elastic end face down, and your done!