This post is sponsored by Zola and ShopStyle.
We’re creeping up on our one year wedding anniversary, and my oh my how things have changed since then! As we’ve been prepping for baby (biggest change EVER, haha!) we’ve been nesting extraordinaire and really refining what we need and don’t need.
It’s also having us rethink some of the things we wish we already had in place or would’ve done differently over the last year, so we’ve teamed up with Zola (the wedding company reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience — hello group gifting, price matching, and free shipping!) to share 15 things I wish we would’ve registered for when it came to our I do’s! Some are big, some of our picks are small, and some are just far more practical. Cause while we’ll do anything for love, we might as well make it useful while we’re at it, haha.
Case in point: a house fund. On Zola, you can personalize your cash funds to be dedicated to anything you’d like. If you’ve been following along on our renovations then you know we’ve had QUITE a doozy of contractor and construction hurdles, and a house fund (big or small) dedicated to just that would’ve relieved a lot of late night anxiety rushing through the home improvement store.
Of course, they also fun gifts like Airbnb gift cards that would’ve been perfect for our recent travels visiting friends and family. I also wish I had registered for a steam mop so that I wasn’t trying to scrub the floors on all fours while pregnant. Super glamorous stuff, haha! Here’s the full breakdown on what to register for and why (or buy them for yourself!)…
- A steam mop: These are a GAME CHANGER on actually legit cleaning the floors instead of just smearing dirt all around.
- Nest thermostats: This is one that we thought we would buy ourselves and still haven’t. It would’ve been a useful luxury to register for (And with group gifting on Zola, multiple guests can contribute to these bigger-ticket items like these.)
- Smeg electric kettle: We had a cute gold one on our registry, but it’s not actually very functional. This one you can set the temperature to perfectection for making mac and cheese, perfectly warm bottles, you name it!
- Convection oven: We didn’t include this since we already had a toaster and didn’t think we’d use the toaster oven much, but we were wrong! SO many things are better reheated in the toaster oven instead.
- Home renovation fund: for obvious reasons, haha!
- Cooking lessons fund: This would’ve been a really fun one to get to do with each other, plus I actually need the help! Jared can attest…
- Nest cam: We especially wish we had this now that we’ve gone through having so many people in and out of the house with renovations and a baby on the way!
- Allll of the OXO things, but especially this turntable: I have these turntables in the fridge for condiments, under the sinks, in the garage…you name it.
- A garment steamer: I live and die by my steamer, and wish we would’ve gotten more than one so we had one here and one for travel!
- Stock pot: We had plenty of pots and pans already, but a nice stock pot for holidays and bigger recipes is worth making room for, for sure
- Dash egg cooker: I’ve recently gotten into boiled eggs (and will definitely be using it for losing baby weight!) and this is a must for making it easy.
- Batter and dough scraper: I like these guys even better than spatulas, which seem to be on everyone’s list.
- A not-so-fancy coffee maker: Jared has a tendency to like the fancy coffee makers, but after having to clean them himself all of the time because I don’t like using the machine, we finally got a simpler one we can set the night before.
- Salad spinner: It might seem basic, but it’s a real gem when it comes to washing salads, fruits, and I even use it for mixing and dressing to salads.
- Airbnb gift cards: you can’t go wrong with these! Plus it’s a good excuse for your family to say they helped you come visit.
In case you aren’t super familiar with Zola, it’s a wedding company that offers a free suite of wedding planning tools including free wedding websites that tie in your dream registry. I love the fact that you can register for products, experiences, and cash funds all in one place!
So that’s about it in a nutshell for us on what we would do differently a year later! Looking back, what’s the craziest thing you registered for or wish you would’ve registered for?
Sugar & Cloth readers will receive $50 to spend on Zola.com when you set up your wedding registry on Zola.com, and receive $500 in Zola gifts. Zola gifts will be defined as any physical products purchase on Zola.com. Cash funds or third party gifts from other website are not considered Zola gifts. The $50 Zola credit can only be redeemed for Zola gifts and cannot be redeemed for cash, cash funds or third party gifts. Credits will be placed into the couple’s Zola account 4 weeks after a couple receive $500 in Zola gifts, valid through May 25th, 2018.
This post is sponsored by Zola & Shopstyle, but all opinions and product recommendations are our own. Sugar & Cloth is donating 5% of all sponsored campaigns to charity, which you can read about right here!