A while back, I wrote a post called 10 secrets about being a DIY blogger. I spilled all my guts about the glamorous (and not so glamorous parts) of blogging, but I didn’t really include some of my favorite tricks of the trade!
I’ve spent more hours than I’d like to admit restyling melting ice cream or ice cubes to get the perfect photo. I’ve dropped my fair share of beautiful cakes, which I, of course, had to remake. And don’t even get me started on the time I spent making balloon garlands before I discovered balloon tape and electric pumps!
I got to thinking about some of my favorite supply tips that I wish someone had shared with me early on — like the simple $10 purchases that would have saved me HOURS of time, and well, money. So today I’m sharing some of my current favorite essentials for bloggers!…
1. A screen protector that will save you the inevitable trip to the iPhone doctor, which has happened to me many, many times.
2. A tool literally made to move cakes safely! What the what?! It opens it up like Pacman to scoop under each cake
3 .G-Suite seems very unexciting, but I use it to sync just about everything. I organize all of my calendars (blog post, personal appointments, shoot days), Google docs and sheets for sharing within the S&C team, emailing on the go, etc. It’s awesome because I can login in from anywhere on any device to access my emails and to-do’s.
4. An electric balloon pump that will most likely become your best friend.
5. Tiny baby scissors for sewing, snipping, and last minute changes.
6. A very cute and practical fanny pack to put your new tiny baby scissors in on a photo shoot day for quick supply reaching.
7. Cool Photo School! We’ll teach ya how we style photos, make ice cream that will never melt, how we edit our photos, and the best budget backdrops and tricks.
8. Dropbox is a real life saver for those of us constantly on-the-go. I literally live and die by it. When we shoot projects, they all get religiously organizing on Dropbox in order to be able to share on social media or access easily for blog posts or brands.
9. Jared’s new favorite camera that he can carry anywhere when we travel, and it’s small enough to fit in my purse. Plus, we can send photos from the camera immediately to our phones with built in wifi
10. PINK luggage! Did I mention it comes with charging capabilities? Away is Genius. I use this for so many of my trips.
11. Fake ice cubes for the perfect photos of your cocktail.
12. You can’t have a tip top blog without decent hosting, and out of the MANY services I’ve tried, WP Engine has been my all-time favorite. It’s hands down the best for speed, support, and the real kicker — our site NOT crashing every other week.
13. Balloon tape was made by some sweet angel up above, and will save you hours of time when making a balloon arch, cluster, or garland.
14. Backup chargers are everything…
15. Clear risers for styling photos that are perfect for vertical blog post images.
16. Surprise! Ikea table tops are perfect for super easy and super white photo backdrops that you can wipe clean once you’re done.
See? Aren’t you glad I’m around to make all the mistakes so you don’t have to? ha!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission using Shopstyle, Reward Style, and/or Amazon Associates.