Frito Pie Mason Jars Recipe
Nothing says comfort food quite like chili. But this time we’re making it Frito Pie-style in a mason jar topped with plenty of Fritos and your favorite toppings.
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning 1 packet
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 30 oz canned chili beans 2 cans
- 8 oz canned tomato sauce 1 can
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper as desired
- Fritos corn chips
- Sour cream, diced green or red onions, guacamole, lettuce, diced tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapeños optional toppings
In a stove top pan on medium-high heat, combine the diced onion, ground turkey, taco seasoning, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the turkey for 5-6 minutes until no longer pink and drain excess grease.
Add the beans and tomato sauce to the pan. Reduce heat and stir on low to let the meat mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
Preheat your oven or toaster oven to high or about 400 degrees.
Spoon 3/4 cup of chili into mason jars and top with cheese, then the corn chips, and additional cheese.
Place the glass mason jars in the oven for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Serve with your favorite toppings and a few extra Fritos on top!
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 1290mg | Potassium: 948mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1314IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 352mg | Iron: 6mg