Paleo Banana Muffins Recipe
These delicious and moist Paleo Banana Muffins make for an ideal breakfast or snack since they’re gluten-free, low carb, dairy free and have no added sugar.
12-cup muffin pan
Food portioning scoop
- 3 bananas very ripe
- 3 cup almond flour do not use almond meal, as it can make your muffins drier and less flavorful
- 3 large eggs if you prefer to use just egg whites, substitute in 3/4 cup of egg whites
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips plus more for topping
Preheat your oven to 350°.
Line the muffin pan with paper liners or spray them well with cooking spray.
Place the bananas, almond flour, eggs, cinnamon, baking soda and powder, and salt in the container of your blender or food processor.
Turn the blender on and process the ingredients until you have a completely smooth batter. It will be thinner than a standard muffin batter.
Use a spoon or spatula to stir in 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips.
Scoop about 1/4 cup of the batter into each muffin cup and top with a few more chocolate chips.
Bake the banana muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the tins and allow them to cool completely before storing them loosely covered.
- The muffins will keep for up to 3 days stored at room temperature, or up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 212mg | Potassium: 186mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 80IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 1mg