Mojito Pitcher Recipe
Mojito pitcher, the perfect and most refreshing cocktail option to cool down a crowd. With sweet, citrusy, and minty flavors, your guests will be amazed!
- 1 cup fresh mint or spearmint leaves + a few more with the stem for garnish stems discarded
- 2 cups white rum
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 8 limes) + 2 quartered limes and 1 for garnish
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 2½ cups soda water
- 1 cup ice cubes for the jug
- Plenty of crushed ice for each glass or smaller cocktail ice cubes
Wash the 2 limes and cut them into quarters with the skin on.
Juice the remaining 8 limes and reserve the juice. This should make about 1 cup of lime juice. (There will be 1 lime left to save for garnishing.)
Put the sugar and the quartered limes inside of the pitcher. With a muddler squeeze the limes so that they release the essential oils present in the zest and the lime juice. The sugar is added at this point so that it can help rub the limes and release the essential oils that are key to a very aromatic mojito cocktail.
Blend the released juices with the sugar. Do not worry if the sugar does not dissolve completely. That's completely normal.
Add the mint or spearmint leaves (stems discarded) and muddle them gently to release the aromas and essential oils without over muddling (that will break and made them a bit bitter)
Add the white rum and the lime juice and mix with a long spoon (a wooden one or a cocktail stirrer) , mix everything well, and try to dissolve a bit more of the sugar.
Add ice cubes to the pitcher.
Add the club soda.
Garnish the pitcher with a sprig of mint and a lime wheel sitting on the brim.
To prep the glasses:
Serve 3/4 of the glass with crushed ice. (But do not use too thinly crushed ice, otherwise the drink will become watery too quickly.)
Garnish with a wheel of lime and a sprig of mint.
Optional: Put a nice straw on each one of the glasses.
Fill each glass with the delicious mojito.
- Get creative by some fresh fruit such as strawberries, watermelons, mangos, pineapples, etc. to make very nice variations.
- If you want to use any of these fruits, just blend them fresh until you obtain a fine puree. Straining the fruit puree into a fine mesh colander and mix it in with the rest of the ingredients.
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 4mg | Sugar: 17g | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg