Alabama Slammer Recipe
The Alabama Slammer, also known as Southern Slammer, is a fruity, sweet and bright cocktail composed of Southern Comfort, Sloe gin and Amaretto.
- 1 oz Southern Comfort
- 1 oz Sloe gin or vodka
- 1 oz Amaretto
- 2 oz orange juice fresh
- 1 orange wedge
- 1 maraschino cherry for garnish
Squeeze 1 orange and reserve the juice. You can strain it now or later when mixed with the rest of the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker, add the liquors, the orange juice, and a couple of big ice cubes and close tightly. Shake well to combine.
Fill a Collins glass up to 3/4 with ice, and then pour the mixture through a cocktail strainer. For a perfectly smooth texture and to avoid any fruit residue, double strain the mixture with a fine-mesh strainer.
Prep a cocktail pick with one orange wedge and a maraschino cherry. Sit the garnish on the side of the glass. Add a couple of straws and enjoy!
- Depending on how tall your glass is, you might need to add more orange juice to top it up.
- To make as punch for large gatherings:
- Measure the proportions to be 1 part Southern Comfort, 1 part Sloe gin (or vodka), 1 part Amaretto and 2 parts orange juice.
- The punch can be made in advance. Just add the ice right before serving and garnish punch bowl with orange wheels.
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 145IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg