Happy Sunday! I’m back from a work retreat in Missouri and finally getting to this week’s weekly edit!
I actually flew into Kansas City this past Tuesday and I have to say that it’s definitely an underrated city. I shared a few snippets on IG stories, and I’d love to go back for a girls trip sometime soon.
We drove from Kansas City to Table Rock Lake in lower Missouri for a quick, two-day retreat with some blog friends to learn from each other and get a renewed sense of inspiration and goals.
Have you ever been to anything like that or are work retreats something that’s on your radar? I’d love to hear what you think because I’m considering hosting some in the future!
I got back home Friday night after a flight delay and have spent the weekend catching up on Gwen snuggles and household things, but here are a few of my favorite things from around the internet this week…
The Weekly Edit
- My current favorite circle bag is on sale right now!
- We’re seriously loving Drew Barrymore’s boho Flower Home and Flower Kids collection. Bright colors and rainbows? That’s so us! And we just purchased her asymmetrical wall mirror.
- Speaking of rainbows — one of our favorite local Houston artist, Lisa Chow teamed up with one of our favorite toy builders, Wiwiurka to make this Rainbowland Cloud Puzzle Set.
- Scientists created a “vaccine” to stop you from being allergic to your cat.
- Baby Shark books. Baby Shark toys. A Baby Shark TV show. Yes, now there’s Baby Shark cereal.
- This dog gets up during the night to help put a crying toddler back to sleep.
- 8 trends that will be huge in 2020, according to the new Ikea catalog.
- Here’s how to avoid oversharing about your kids on social media.
- The Amazon fire has been burning for 3 weeks now. This is our planet’s lungs which produce 20% of Earth’s oxygen so we hope there will be more media coverage and change!
- It started on Instagram and now it’s a book. Girls and Their Cats redefines the stereotypes by profiling 50 strong, independent, and artistic women.
- If you can’t commit…
- If you’re looking for less traditional shelves…