Root Beer Float Recipe
There's nothing like a classic root beer float for a nostalgic treat! The perfect pairing of root beer and ice cream makes it the best frozen dessert drink.
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream or chocolate if you prefer
- 8 oz root beer diet root beer can also work
- 1 Maraschino cherry optional for topping
Add two scoops of ice cream in a highball glass, tall glass or mug.
Slowly pour in the root beer until it begins to bubble and froth over.
Optional: Top the glass a maraschino cherry.
Immediately serve with a straw or spoon.
Tips For Serving The Best Ice Cream Float
Serving To A Crowd
Chill your glass ahead of time for any extra frothy drink! Simply place them in the freezer for 10 minutes before serving.
You want to avoid as much fizz as possible when your pour. So tilt your glass and slowly pour in your root beer.
To avoid the ice cream sticking to the scooper: Keep a bowl of warm water nearby. Dip the scooper in the water each time to before you scoop to moisten the spoon.
- Slightly soften a half gallon of ice cream on the counter.
- Tightly wrap plastic wrap around a baking sheet, making sure it’s taught on top.
- scoop out rounded balls of ice cream and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Continue to do so with the entire container, leaving space between each scoop.
- Next, place the baking sheet in the freezer to allow the individual scoops to harder.
- When ready to serve, the scoop will slide off the plastic wrap for perfectly portioned black cauldrons throughout the night!
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 135mg | Potassium: 263mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 54g | Vitamin A: 556IU | Calcium: 180mg