Spicy Paloma Cocktail Recipe
We’ve added a kick to your traditional Paloma cocktail with some spice!
For the Jalapeño Simple Syrup:
- 3 jalapeño peppers
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
For the Paloma:
- 1 oz tequila
- 3 oz fresh grapefruit juice strained
- 1 oz jalapeño simple syrup
- 1 lime You’ll only need a squeeze!
- Splash of grapefruit soda water We used La Croix, but you can also use regular soda water.
- 1 jalapeño slice and sugar and sea salt mixture for garnishing
To make the Jalapeño Simple Syrup:
Prep the jalapeños by removing the stems, slicing into rounds, and then removing the seeds and membrane. You can leave the seeds and membrane intact if you’re wanting it extra spicy, though!
Bring the water to a boil and add in the sugar by continuously mixing until it’s fully dissolved. Add the jalapeño to the sugar water and let it come to a boil again, then let it simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove the mixture from heat and let it cool completely until it’s back to room temperature and strain/remove the jalapeños from the simple syrup. Once it cool, it’s ready for mixing cocktails!
To make the Spicy Jalapeño Paloma:
If you’re dressing up your rim, run a lime wedge across the top of your glass and dip it into the sugar and sea salt mixture before assembling your cocktail.
In a cocktail shaker, combine the tequila, grapefruit juices, spicy simple syrup, and squeeze of lime juice over ice. Shake and then strain and pour over ice into your dress glass.
If you want an extra spicy version, you can top with a jalapeño slice with the membrane still intact, or remove the seeds and membrane for a mild (and cute!) garnish on top.
- Store your jalapeño simple syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- If you don't want to make the jalapeño simple syrup but still want the spice, add a jalapeño slice or two to the Paloma recipe by itself!
- You can omit the peppers if you don't want the kick.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 21mg | Potassium: 251mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 133IU | Vitamin C: 63mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 2mg