Rattan furniture is one of the biggest trends to hit home decor in recent years. So big, in fact, that it has managed to extend into another major category: fashion (see here and here for some cute examples!).
Rattan itself is nothing new – it comes from palm plants and has been used to make things for centuries. Its last major moment was in the 90’s when wicker was EVERYWHERE. Now it has made a full comeback and we can’t get enough, which is why we’re sharing all the rattan furniture we’re loving in this decor trend!
Since it’s a natural material, rattan furniture brings an element of warmth without the heaviness of wood. The material is pliable which allows it to be formed and woven into really cool shapes and patterns, so it’s no wonder Ashley incorporated some rattan pieces in the new Sugar & Cloth Casa here and here.
Cane Decor Trend | Rattan Furniture We’re Loving Right Now
Pro-Tip: If you’re buying a piece of rattan furniture for your patio (which is a great idea, btw), double-check that it is suitable for outdoor use, as some items are not weather-friendly and may be marked for indoor use only.
1. Ria rattan bed with rounded corners, $949.
2. Kouboo rattan loop console table, $349.
3. Rounded top room divider, $150.
4. Minsmere Caned chest, $152.
5. Rounded Haylee Mono chair, $179.
6. Wishbone Y chair, $149. A lower-cost version of Ashley’s dining chairs which are linked below!
7. Rounded rattan loveseat frame, $75.
9. Vertical bookshelf with rounded top, $329.
10. Bar cabinet with gold circle accent, $999.
11. Opalhouse by Target rattan fan back chair, $190.
12. Honey rattan daybed, $550.
13. Chevron bench, $149.
14. High and low cut-out room divider, $599.
15. Opalhouse by Target arm chair, $230.
16. Petal rattan side table, $99.
17. Malawi curved back chair, $175.
18. Ikea outdoor love seat and table set, $208.
19. Target 3 piece outdoor conversation set, $255.
20. Anthropologie indoor oval hanging chair, $548.
21. Cane king bed, $3,600.
22. Opalhouse by Target rattan dining chair, $140
23. Flower chair, $125.
24. Anthropologie Irving circle book case, $798.
25. UO Marte storage cabinet, $729.
26. Rattan fan headboard in size full, $395.
27. Boger dining chair in black, $123.
28. Anthropologie Caterina chair in pink, $550.
29. Daisy lounge chair from Article, $199.
30. CB2 rattan credenza, $1,299.
31. CB2 boho daybed without cover, $829.
32. Round Marte ottoman from UO, $299.
33. Indoor/outdoor side table from Anthropologie, $250.
34. Cane 21 chair, $775.
35. CB2 marble top dining table with rattan base, $1,299.
36. Pink and orange woven side table, $299.
As promised, we’re also sharing the rattan products and sources that Ashley purchased for her new home. To see how Ashley styled these pieces, and for the full list of sources, check out One Room Challenge Week 6: Our Living Room + Dining Room Design Reveal! and Our Guest Room Ideas and Furniture Sources!
- Decorative rattan tray, $30.
- Ikea bed frame, $589.
- Rattan rounded-edge bench, $150.
- Woven wastebasket, $20.
- Ikea rattan armchair, $89.
- Rattan side table with white top, $180.
Post-college she was Licensed Real Estate Agent and an assistant photo stylist in New York before moving back to her hometown of Houston for pursuing her creative endeavors.