I know you all love a good glimpse into the behind the scenes action! So, this post is equal parts details on how to make a bruschetta recipe bar AND how I tried to act cool for a full-day video shoot with Crunchmaster at my house while hoping Gwen didn’t scream her head off somewhere in the midst of our townhome’s open floor plan.
Meanwhile, they wanted to partner with me as a “DIY-mom-party-lifestyle expert”, so no pressure or anything! Ha! If you follow along on Instagram Stories, you may remember me scrambling in the wee hours of the morning making sure everything was tip top.
It was actually really fun putting this interactive bruschetta bar together for the video shoot, and since I know a lot of you are just here for the photos, here’s a quick summary of what’s up! —
You can see the final video right here and find my favorite flavors this pack for most versatility during a party, single serve packs so I don’t scarf down a whole bag by myself sans the party, and what I like to consider my new kryptonite (legit SO GOOD!). Plus even more recipe ideas here.
As for my bruschetta bar, it’s easy to put together but packs a big punch, it creates a welcoming environment so guests have something to make their own, and it’s a great way to make sure there’s a little something for everyone when it comes to dietary restrictions. Let’s be real, we all know it’s insanely hard to cover those bases for everyone at a party!…
The catch to working around dietary restrictions while keeping things fun is to make sure you start with a base that’s healthy and has a variety for guests to build off of. For instance, Crunchmaster crackers are gluten-free, non-GMO, and they have dairy and egg free options.
With a bruschetta bar, if someone is trying to stick to the healthy eating train while still enjoying the party, they totally can with a cracker, avocado, and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper. Or if you want to go all out with toppings and build a sweet and savory concoction, you can do that too. The sky is the limit really.
TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE A BRUSCHETTA RECIPE BAR
- Come up with a game plan for what potential topping combinations you want to guests to be able to make. Though you won’t be making them in advance, having a list makes sure you have all of your fave toppings on display, plus you can give party goers a little inspiration to start from.
- Plan to have a section with a few pre-built bruschetta crackers (like our sweet and savory setup) for some guests that would rather chat than make their own.
- Though you might have major elements like cheeses, spreads, and sauces covered, don’t forget to think about seasonings, too. Some people like to add truffle oil or pepper to everything!
- Keep your toppings divided into separate stylized containers or separate themed topping trays. When it comes to giving options when there might be dietary restrictions, you won’t be able to have the cheeses, nuts, and other toppings all beautifully strewn together like you would for a charcuterie board.
- Labels are your friend! No one wants to be surprised with their least favorite sauce on a tray full of bruschetta, haha! It’s like confusing sugar for salt! So using cute place cards for guiding guests is a must.
- Make sure you set up your bruschetta bar in a well-trafficked area. No one wants to be compiling crackers in the dark corner of a room! Next to the bar or on the island is the perfect central spot. Plus we have about bazillion cocktail recipes you can make to go along with it.
- Don’t overdo it. At the end of the day, it’s meant to be imperfect and give you more time to enjoy friends and family.
Be sure to let me know what you think of the final video, and if you have other q’s or tips for this entertaining idea, you know I’m an open book!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission using Shopstyle, Reward Style, and/or Amazon Associates.