Easy Champagne Jello Shots Recipe
This easy champagne jello shots recipe is very glam version of your classic jello shot, perfect for special occasions!
- 8 oz champagne or cava
- 4 oz gin of vodka
- 2 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 oz simple Syrup
- 2 packages gelatin I used the Knox brand
- Edible gold leaf optional for garnishing
Combine the simple syrup and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well, then pour into a medium saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin.
Allow the gelatin to soak for two minutes, then heat over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until the gelatin is completely dissolved (about 2 to 5 minutes).
Remove from heat and add the gin and Champagne, stirring well to blend. Pour into a very lightly greased loaf pan and chill until fully set, several hours or overnight.
Turn out the set gelatin onto parchment paper, then slice carefully (a thin knife like a boning knife works best) into rectangles or squares.
Garnish with edible gold leaf using a paintbrush (use one you can reserve for food only -- you don't want paint chemicals in your food!).
Gold leaf crumbles and sticks to things (like fingers!) easily, so be gentle -- just pull off tiny corners with the brush (they will stick), then place them gently on top of the gelée squares.
- You can also make these for the kids with a mocktail version of ginger ale, sparkling cider, and lemon juice!
- In case you're wondering how to store jello shots, you can keep them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 to 10 days, but they're best served fresh!
Calories: 60kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 24mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg