DIY // Organic Citrus Sugar Scrub

06/26/12

DIY organic citrus sugar scrub for summer

diy organic citrus scrub body

diy organic citrus scrub body

I’m a huge fan of making your own body scrub, case in point: here and here. Three reasons to make your own: it’s all natural, you can make generous quantities, and keeping your skin healthy shouldn’t cost you the arm you’re exfoliating. Have I convinced you yet? I thought so!

This is the recipe I came up with for a citrus infused summer sugar scrub. It’s sweet, zesty, and will keep you beach ready 24/7–

• 1 Small Lemon
  • 1 Small Lime
  • 1 Cup Pure Cane Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
  • 1 Teaspoon Peppermint Essential Oil/Extract
  • Mint Leaves, lemon & lime peels (optional)

DIY organic citrus sugar scrub

Combine the oil and all of the moist ingredients, then add the sugar and lemon and lime peels as a garnish, then stir.

diy organic citrus scrub body

You can also keep a jar and spoon next to the sink for summer guests!

Share on Facebook70Tweet about this on Twitter2Email to someone

34 thoughts on “DIY // Organic Citrus Sugar Scrub

1. jewel7013

I can personally testify that I didn’t realize how beneficial exfoliating the skin was until five years ago when I started using sunless tanning lotion instead of burning my skin in the sun.

Now if I don’t exfoliate at least twice a week, my skin feels dull and dirty. It truly is amazing to see the difference in your complexion. Ever priced the ones in the store??? Too expensive and will never smell as nice as Ashley’s homemade scrubs. Lemon is one of my favorite scents.

2. Hilary

I looooooove this!!! Goodbye searching for a great sugar scrub in a size that lasts more than one shower!!! Smells delicious, a feels great! Thanks, Ashley!! Oh, yeah, cost effective , too! What more could an exfoliating girl want??

3. Pingback: DIY // Organic Citrus Sugar Scrub « naturalfemina

4. Ash

How long does this last? It looks perfect as part of a gift I’m planning, but it would have to survive being shipped and then sat under a Christmas tree for a few weeks before even getting used. Thanks!

5. Tiffany byrd

This sounds amazing! I own a spa in a little beach town and I think this will be our new signature scrub! Question: how long is the shelf life of this? Do I need to keep refrigerated? Thanks so much!! Can’t wait to try it out!!

1. Ashley Post author

So awesome! If you leave out the mint leaves and peels and just add a touch of them as you’re about to use scrub, then it will last quite a while. It doesn’t need to be refrigerated :) Good luck!

6. Mikala Ryan

How much scrub does this recipe make? Im thinking of using it as a bridal shower gift, but i need to estimate the quantities. Thank you!

7. Kayla

This is awesome! I just made it, and like a couple other people said, it turned out a bit runny, so I just added more sugar. This is my first time making my own body product so I’m so excited to use this! Thanks for posting this!

8. Pingback: DIY // Coffee sugar scrub recipe.

9. Pingback: DIY Wedding Favors – Sugar Scrub | Vintage Bleu

10. Order Green coffee Advance

What i don’t realize is actually how you’re no longer really
    a lot more well-liked than you might be now. You are so intelligent.
    You understand therefore significantly on the subject of this subject,
    produced me for my part imagine it from a lot of numerous angles.
    Its like women and men are not fascinated except it is something to accomplish with Woman
    gaga! Your individual stuffs excellent. At all
    times handle it up!

11. Pingback: 14 Amazing DIY Natural Body Scrubs – Homemade Body Scrubs | Beauty and MakeUp Tips

12. Pingback: 20 sposobów na domowy peeling | Mieszkaniowe inspiracje

13. Dana

This sounds absolutely amazing. I’d like to make some for my mother for Mother’s Day. However, she is not a fan of coconut scent. Can I substitute olive oil in for the coconut oil???

14. Pingback: No time for a pedicure? Homemade Foot Scrubs - CG Nail Salon Regina

15. Pingback: 8 oryginalnych prezentów na Dzień Matki | Mieszkaniowe inspiracje

16. loui vuitton wallet

I realize there are several eBayers that do not abandon loui vuitton wallet your website, so far as sourcing stock can be involved, Wilson informs me, yet taking advantage of your web-site’s below wholesale area would seem a tad focused at the present time. After all, I’m not really possibly specific just what exactly my personal consultant spot can be loui vuitton wallet yet.

17. Pingback: Need Soft Skin? Just Scrub with Sugar! | Skincare from Scratch