Alright, so I’d love to share a DIY or recipe with you today, but honestly I just have Netflix on the mind. We’ve just wrapped up on a few huge deadlines (hint: a new website coming to you this weekend!!), and we only have a few more things to squeeze in this week before we get a day or two off. Right now we’re in Austin for a fun collab with Camille Styles, meetings, and then we’re back to Houston for a conference on Saturday and then finallllly Sunday can be my do-nothing-while-fighting-off-this-cold day!
Which only means one thing: I want to know what your current Netflix must-watch shows are! We’ve been watching a whole lot of NCIS. I happen to pick that because I love mysteries, but I also need something semi cheesy that doesn’t stress me out before bed. Oh, and that actually has an ending for most episodes. Otherwise I get bug eyed with the endlessly suspenseful series, and end up having to see the next episode. Then before you know it its 4am, and I’m grumpy and tired the next day and still wondering what happened. I mean, I still do it, but I try to reserve it for special occasions.
Here are a few that we’ve watched recently…
- NCIS – feel free to judge me for this, but once you get past the first initial awkward season, you actually really start to like it, ha!If you watch the newer seasons (like 12 and 13, which is how I stumbled upon the show), it’s not nearly as 2003 cheesy. We went back and started from the beginning after getting hooked, and we’re only on season 3 right now so we have a ways to go to catch up.
- Parenthood- I literally want to be one of the Bravermans. We watched this religiously.. and then some. We held hands, we cried (don’t tell Jared I told you), and then I stalked the actors on Instagram afterwards to fill a void. It wasn’t healthy per se, but I LOVED it.
- Murder in Paradise- we finished this series not too long ago, and I loved it. Again, it’s a comedy/mystery, but it ends every episode and doesn’t stress me out.
- Making A Murderer- Honestly, I couldn’t even finish the whole series. If I saw that freaky fiance, Jodi, laugh on the phone to Steven with her long fingernails and weird smile one more time, I might lose it. It just made me so uncomfortable. I made it to episode 6 and then gave up. There are PLENTY of articles floating around to fill me in, right? The question is: Do you think he did it?!? I just want someone to summarize a theory for me so I don’t have to wonder.
- Bloodline- This is one of those that fell into the category of me having to stay awake until ungodly hours of the night to see what happens next. We also made sure to visit all of the filming locations when we to Key West, and now I’m anxiously awaiting the second season and a period of time in my life where I can function on no sleep until it’s complete.
Okay, now you’re up! What are some of your favorites? Also note: I don’t do scary movies. I mean, I named a blog after sugar, what did you expect?