For many of us, coconut is the dividing line, you either love it or hate it.. I, Alex, seem to live in a divided house as well. My husband can’t stand the look of it and of course, I’m coconut’s biggest fan!
My favorite desserts include a coconut cake, a dollop of coconut whipped cream and these simple dark chocolate coconut macaroons.
Since they are raw, these macaroons are softer and chewier than the traditional baked version. Dipped and swirled with dark chocolate, they are the perfect 2 bite dessert, especially in this season of over-indulgence.
And the best news of all is that you can save the finished yummies for another time if you don’t finish them immediately! Store the leftovers in a airtight container for up to a week, and eat them at your leisure..
If you’re looking for a simple dessert to gift to others or serve at your next event, try these.. They are bound to impress your guests and I guarantee no one will be leaving hungry!
Dark Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
- 1.3 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 0.5 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp 100% vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bar
- Place coconut, maple syrup, coconut oil, flour, vanilla and pulse until well combined. Mixture should clump together when pressed together.
- Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a medium cookie scoop to place macaroon balls on top of the parchment paper. Alternatively, you can scoop 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball.
- Place in the fridge and let cool for at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each time, until melted.
- Dip the macaroon into the dark chocolate and place back on the parchment paper. Drizzle with remaining dark chocolate and let set until chocolate is dried.