Never believe everything on the internet. Our lives may look Pinterest perfect, but we hope you don’t think so! Our goal has always been to document the good, bad, and the sort of ugly. Let’s be real, no one wants the REAL ugly. I’m looking at you diaper incidents…According to some, I’m honest to a fault.
I just don’t feel right not giving you the full picture. Parenting, home renovating, full-time blogging, adulting — They’re all rewarding and challenging in their own right! Like I mentioned on Instagram earlier this week, I love championing for transparency and getting rid of some of the mystery that shrouds blogging, social media, and all of that jazz.
Being a guest panelist this week on the Business, Branding and Social Media Workshop was an awesome platform to lift the veil a little. It’s always empowering being around women in the same field who aren’t here to cut you down but want to also share their “secrets to success”, their insecurities, triumphs, and the not-so-fun part of the job.
Our weekly edits are one of the outlets to give you that behind the scenes glimpse of us, chickens running around with our heads cut off. Thank you for allowing us to do so and sticking around! I’m glad you’re not tired of us yet! The good stuff is yet to come!
So if you’ve had a tough week, have a coffee or cocktail, relax, and enjoy our some weekly links that share a little of it all…
THE WEEKLY EDIT
- Check out our Magnolia Market guide for Texas Monthly. And yes, we were fortunate enough to get a Joanna Gaines siting at her We Are The Gardeners book signing!
- Our go-to parenting site for dealing with tantrums, developmental milestones and what Gwen might be dealing with each week and lots more.
- Love this Geometric Wedding Bouquet Box that can hold your best wishes cards while also displaying your bouquet! You can even use it for everyday home storage… unless you preserved your bouquet… which we kinda wish we did.
- April also means Games of Thrones is finally back! Kit Harington (who will forever be known as Jon Snow) makes an appearance on SNL tomorrow, but I’ll be honest. I don’t even watch GOT…I know, I know.
- If you are a GOT die hard…. Don’t click on this if you hate spoilers! Maisie Williams accidentally slipped on Jimmy Fallon.
- Your little one can practice their future “barista” skills with a mini hand-painted coffee machine that even includes a milk frother!
- The coolest home for your fish! It’s stackable!
- We could personalize everything if we could. These delicate custom stacking name rings would make great Mother’s Day, bridesmaids, BFF’s or treat yourself gifts. They’re under $40 too.
- Addicted to perusing this Instagram site for the best resell items from independent designers like Rachel Comey, Apiece Apart and Jesse Kamm.
- First impressions are everything. Greet your guest with this cool graphic doormat.