I am SO insanely excited to announce that our mommy and me swimsuit designs for Olivia + Ocean are finally here! If you don’t have little ones (or they’re not so little anymore!), fret not, because you can just shop the women’s styles by themselves because there is something for everyone!
If you’re not familiar with Olivia + Ocean, they’re a family-owned, Momma-oriented, body-positive, and American made swim shop that gives back. Basically all of the things I love wrapped into one! A portion of every sale goes to water.org to help provide clean water to families in need, which you can read more about right here.
Basically, it was an instant love affair the second I read their “We love mom bods” slogan, haha! I was literally over the moon about getting to design a collection for them over the past eight months and the amount of thought and detail that they put into each element is seriously inspiring!
The collaboration is a limited edition collection with limited quantities and I’ll be giving you the scoop on the design process and behind the scenes coming soon.
For now, I’ll stick to sharing all of styles, shopping notes, and fit tips!…
Sugar & Cloth for Olivia + Ocean Mommy & Me Swimsuit Designs
There are four separate styles to mix and match in coordinating colors that compliment each other.
For the girls suits, we have —
- Sugar & Cloth girls confetti one-piece Laguna swimsuit
- Sugar & Cloth girls confetti one-piece Malibu swimsuit
- Sugar & Cloth girls confetti print rash guard
- Sugar & Cloth girls color block bikini
For the womens suits, we have —
- Sugar & Cloth mom bod one piece in stripe
- Sugar & Cloth mom bod one piece in color block
- Sugar & Cloth confetti print bikini sold as separates, see the TOP and the BOTTOMS
- Sugar & Cloth color block bikini sold as separates, see the TOP and the BOTTOMS
Literally buying a bathing suit online is super nerve-wracking for me because I “feel” like I don’t have the body type that can do that. Seriously take my word for it when I say that you will be shocked by the quality of the Olivia + Ocean suits!
That said, below are some general FAQ’s that I know I dwell on before deciding on a purchase and I’m happy to answer any additional q’s you have too!
For Sizing —
I’m wearing a large in both the bottom and top for the bikini so that my 17-week bump has some room to grow with it! I would normally do a medium in both and I’m typically a size 8.
For the one-piece, I’m wearing an extra-large but would typically be a large without the bump Both the bikini and one-piece suits are full coverage bottoms.
With Gwen, she’s currently 19 months but wears 2T on an everyday basis, so that’s her true to size fit for all if the girls swimsuits.
- ALL ITEMS ARE LIMITED QUANTITIES AND LIMITED EDITION DESIGNS
- ALL SUIT STYLES RUN TRUE TO SIZE (TTS). ORDER THE SIZE THAT MATCHES THE CLOTHING SIZE THEY WEAR MOST COMFORTABLY. WHEN IN DOUBT SIZE UP FOR LONGER WEAR.
- ALL SUITS ARE DOUBLE LINED FOR PRIVACY
- KIDS SUITS PROVIDE SPF 50 PROTECTION
- KIDS SIZES ARE TRUE TO SIZE, IF THEY WEAR A SIZE 2T ON A REGULAR DAY THEN ORDER A 2T FOR SUITS
- WOMENS SUITS ARE MADE WITH HIGH COMPRESSION LYCRA FOR SUPERIOR TUMMY SUPPORT
- WOMENS SUITS HAVE CLEAN FINISHED SEAMS FOR COMFORT – AVOID ANY SORT OF CHAFFING OF UNWANTED BULGING
- WOMENS BIKINI TOP HAS LINED POCKETS FOR HIDING PADDING OF CHOICE, E.G. EXTRA PADDING FOR NIPPLE COVERAGE (INCLUDED) OR NURSING PADS FOR NEW MOMS
- BRA STYLE TOP PROVIDES THE SUPPORT YOU WANT WITH AN ADJUSTABLE STRAP FOR EXTRA LIFT
- WOMENS BIKINI IS MADE OF ITALIAN FABRICS FEEL BUTTERY SOFT ON YOUR SKIN
- WOMENS BIKINI IS SOLD AS AA SEPARATE FOR OPTIMAL FIT
- FOR WOMENS BIKINI BOTTOMS ORDER A SIZE DOWN IF YOU’RE UNSURE
- WOMENS ONE PIECE HAS A NURSING FRIENDLY TIE WRAP DESIGN
- FOR ONE PIECES, SIZE UP WHEN UNSURE OF FIT OR IF YOU HAVE A LARGER BUST
- BOTH THE BIKINI AND ONE PIECE STYLES OFFER FULL COVERAGE BOTTOMS
I am absolutely in love the with the confetti girls one piece! I love the pink ruffle detail so, so much. This was the first suit I envisioned and it’s everything I imagined it would be!
I really want to have a matching Mom suit with the confetti print and went back and forth on this being a bikini or one-piece before finally deciding on the ruffle bikini style.
I love that that the “fiji” mom color is darker for a flattering base but still a fun summer
The ruffle detail on the bikini top is seriously to die for since you can actually still adjust the straps!! It’s my dream top!
Rather than doing the confetti print in a mom bod one-piece, we stuck to using it for the Malibu girls one piece and I love the way the ties turned out in the back! Plus Gwen’s chub obviously makes it even better, haha!
Everyone loves a good stripe, so that was the inspiration for this striped mom one-piece that compliments the girls confetti print as well.
Allllll the mommas know how nice it is to have a matching rash guard to safeguard the heat of the sun!
I love the retro feel of this color combination in the mom bod one piece, too.
I’m also shamelessly stocking up on suit sets and sizes so that I can make Gwen match me for as many summers as possible, haha! Can you blame me, though?!
I can’t wait to regram and share all of you in your #oliviaandoceanxsugarandcloth suits, so be sure to use the hashtag and tag us to spread the love!
Check back next week while I share a peek behind the scenes of the design process to share with you!