So I’ve been scheming up the idea of a new cocktail series based around patterns, and because Robin from Double Trouble and I happen to be a very similar kind of weird, she knew just what I meant by this!
Together we schemed up some cool drinks based on patterns I loved, then I designed the backgrounds to match just so, and got them printed as big as possible.
As such, my new Pattern Play cocktail series was born, and I think you’ll love the first few we have coming! First up: this dotted thai fruit cocktail.
Admittedly, it’s a bit involved to make, but it’s super tasty. And did I mention it looks freaking cool as all get out?! I mean, clearly that’s what I’m here for…
Once you’ve made the basil seeds and fruit mix, you can make PLENTY of these, so don’t be too intimidated!
What do you think?! It’s equal parts delicious and trippy when you see it all together, but it’s definitely been a really fun way for us to combine our love of cocktail recipes and creative styling!
Dotted Thai Fruit Cocktail
- Cocktail shaker
- Sauce pan
- sweet basil seeds
- 1.5 oz coconut milk
- 0.5 oz Green Chartreuse
- 1.5 oz gin
- fresh mango
- 1 oz rosewater
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- Thai fruit agar dessert mix
- lemon lime sorbet (optional for added sweetness)
- Prepare basil seeds according to package directions.
- Prepare Thai Fruit Agar dessert mix (or green jell-o) according to package directions. Once set, cut or break up the jelly into small pieces.
- Prepare Rose Grenadine: In a small saucepan, stir together 1 cup Pomegranate juice and 1 cup sugar. Heat slowly and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add 1oz rosewater, stir and remove from heat. Chill the syrup.
- Add small pieces of green agar, 1 tablespoon of prepared basil seeds and fresh mango to the bottom of the serving glass. Top with crushed ice.
- Shake 1.5oz gin, 1/2oz Green Chartreuse and 1.5oz coconut milk with ice until well chilled (5-6 seconds should do it.) Strain over crushed ice.
- Lightly drizzle approx. 1/4oz Rose Grenadine on surface of the cocktail and add more basil seeds and mango if desired.
- Garnish with thinly sliced dragonfruit and small scoop of lemon lime sorbet.