We’re back home from our trip to Beaches in Turks and Caicos this week, and we’re taking the day easy to unpack before we officially make the move to the new house. I know, I know… even I’m tired of that crying wolf, ha!
We had a lot of fun soaking up sun, getting some serious rest (especially since Gwen and I both got a stomach bug traveling there, ugh!), and lots of quality time with friends and their kiddos.
I’m excited to make it an annual event, and would love to know if you have any kid-friendly resorts that are must-visits! I’ll be doing a full blog post on our trip with tips and our favorite things, but here are some weekly links in the meantime…
THE WEEKLY EDIT
- Did you know that your sunscreen can impact the ocean? Here are the best coral-reef safe sunscreens and what makes them safe!
- No spoilers, please! We were away last weekend so did not get to see the new Avengers. Just in case you need a recap (because we surely do), here are all 21 Marvel cinematic universe movies, recapped in less than 40 minutes.
- Only seeing the Avengers because you’re being dragged along or your kids need a chaperone? Here’s when to take a bathroom pee break during the Avengers: Endgame… so that you don’t annoy your Marvel fanatic with “did I miss anything good?” questions. Lol.
- Still in search of a Mother’s Day gift? This rose gold Charming Powers Battery Bank looks nothing like your typical iPhone battery pack. It hangs from a keychain with a hidden power cord for an extra charge.
- If you haven’t already noticed, Etsy is our go-to shop for personalized pieces. We love these minimal personalized name earrings, perfect for you, your mom, BFF or bridesmaids!
- You haven’t visited Idaho until you’ve slept inside this giant potato. An Idaho woman turned a six-ton potato into an Airbnb just outside of downtown Boise — and it even comes with a hot tub.
- We always love a good circle bag, especially if they’re pink.
- We’re waiting until Gwen is old enough to play with this adorable dollhouse.
- We can’t believe it’s already May! Looking for a place for you and your kids to escape the heat? Kids can get a movie ticket, drink and popcorn all for $4 this summer.
- Baby, it’s gonna be meh! Print out these DIY Pop Culture Song Lyric Cupcake Toppers. Whether it’s surprising the office with ‘NSYNC or just letting Hanson say everything you couldn’t quite muster up to your loved one in one short phrase, like “mmbop, du ba dop, ba du bop”, we’ve got pretty much every occasion covered with these toppers.
10 thoughts on “We’re Back From Our Trip, Things Lately + The Weekly Edit”
Looks like you guys had a wonderful trip! Beach days are the best!!!
We’d take the beach over anything! Thanks, Becky!
Beach vacations are the best!
Totally agree. We’d take that over a ski trip any day!
We went to TCI last summer and are planning to go back this summer! It is sooooo gorgeous!
That’s awesome that you get to return back so soon! Hope you have fun!
This is so awesome!! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks, Katerina! XOXO
Turks and Caicos is on my bucket list. I would love to go. I can’t wait to see your full write up about it. BTW, your little girl is adorable!
Gwen gets all our attention and love cause she’s such a cutie! We hope you get to visit Turks & Caicos one day!