DIY // Wooden Polaroid Gift Set

01/16/14

DIY wooden polaroid gift set for Valentine's Day

One time I made my dad a refrigerator magnet out of oven bake clay in the shape of his truck with a stick figure of him as the driver and our dog in the back. To make it even funnier, our dog never rode in the back of my dad’s truck, I made the body twelve different colors, and had my dad wearing bib overalls he didn’t even own. I don’t mean to brag, but clearly I’ve been an aspiring artist from a young age. However, modern day guys should get a Valentine’s gift that’s a little better suited than oven bake clay, am I right?

These DIY wooden polaroids are simple, inexpensive, and a homemade gift your guy might not secretly want to throw away (no offense). You can personalize them by making them into magnets, writing love notes at the bottom, or just filling them with your favorite memories together. Either way, it’s gotta be better than my magnetic truck..

Materials:

DIY wooden polaroid gift set for Valentine's Day

Print out photos at 2 3/4×2 1/4 inches on matte photo paper. Spread tacky glue on one side of a wooden polaroid frame and position over the photo and press firmly on all corners.  DIY wooden polaroid gift set for Valentine's Day

Next, cut the excess paper around the outside of the frame. If you want to turn them into magnets, you can glue a magnet onto the back of the photo on the bottom part where the wooden edge is thickest.

Write little notes from your adventures at the bottom, package them in a box, and they’re ready for gifting!

DIY wooden polaroid gift set for Valentine's Day DIY wooden polaroid gift set for Valentine's Day

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter17Email to someone

67 thoughts on “DIY // Wooden Polaroid Gift Set

1. Melissa

I’m definitely making these! What’s a good way to print some pictures in that size? Will a photo center at Walgreens or CVS do them?

2. Pingback: northstory notes - January 17, 2014 : northstory

3. Pingback: WEEKEND // HAPPY

4. Pingback: Weekly Round-Up | recreative works blog

5. Pingback: Sarah Hearts - Links to Love

6. Pingback: DIY Wooden Polaroid Set | Kid Crave

7. Pingback: Hello, Friday! Links + Giveaway + MLK Day Sales! | Hello Little Home

8. Lisa Frank

These are perfect! I have those exact wooden Polaroid frames sitting on my shelf, just waiting for the right project. I think they’d make an awesome garland, too–would be a fun way to dress up my hubby’s cubicle at work, without making it too girly.

Lisa :)
    handcraftedparties.com

9. Pingback: A LOVELY AND EASY DIY PROJECT: WOODEN POLAROIDS | THE STYLE FILES

10. Pingback: Foto cadeautjes voor Valentijn - Fotofavoriet - jouw foto inspiratieFotofavoriet – jouw foto inspiratie

11. Pingback: 15 Colorful DIY Home Decor Projects | Style Motivation

12. Pingback: Friday Favorites – January 24, 2014 | Mostly Sewing

13. Lynae

LOVE these! Was hoping to make them, but I just went to a Michael’s here in Columbus, OH and they don’t carry them. :(

14. Pingback: 8 Valentine DIYs to Try This Weekend | Paper & Stitch

15. Pingback: 7 Craft Projects to do with your Girl Friends this Valentine's Day | Tamagotchi L.i.f.e.Tamagotchi L.i.f.e.

16. Teddi

Hi Ashley! Totally obsessed with these and I’ve gone crazy making a ton. But quick question! Where did you find that perfect sized box?? I was hoping my local PaperSource would have something similar and they didn’t…

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

17. Pingback: 101 Handmade Gifts for Her {DIY} - EverythingEtsy.com

18. Pingback: DIY Wooden Picture Frames - DIY Ideas 4 Home

19. Katie

Love this idea! It would be really cool if you made holiday versions of these polaroid magnets to hang up during that holiday season (like Christmas and Halloween).

20. Pingback: DIY lijsten, ook voor beginners | Home2Cre8

21. Pingback: {friday finds} Valentine Finds. » North Salt

22. Pingback: 10 Originales cosas para hacer o inspirarte este 14 de Febrero

23. Pingback: Buon San Valentino - BLOG ARREDAMENTO

24. Pingback: Des Moines Apartments Grimes Apartments in Ankeny Johnston Iowa Apartments in Pleasant Hill area Apartments | Haverkamp Properties

25. Pingback: Apartments near Kirkwood Community College - Kirkwood Community College Apartments near Kirkwood Community College and Kirkwood Community College housing

26. Pingback: The Monday Mix | Domestocrat

27. Pingback: Tutorial | Wooden Polaroid Gift Set | Scrapbooking | CraftGossip.com

28. Pingback: Tutorial | Wooden Polaroid Gift Set | Making-Money-With-Crafts

29. Catherine

Hey! This DIY looks adorable. I want to make some for a friend. You wouldn’t happen to see at link on their website would you? x

30. Pingback: Best DIY Valentine's Day gifts ideas for your loved one | Bloggapedia

31. Pingback: 22 Colorful DIY Home Decor Projects |DIYManiac

32. Pingback: Dernière minute fête des mères : 11 cadeaux à fabriquer ! | Le Blog Magazine de Georges - AlloCadeau.comLe Blog Magazine de Georges – AlloCadeau.com

33. Pingback: Top 32 Most Amazing DIY Gifts For Her |DIYManiac

34. Pingback: DIY POLAROID PHOTO | KIND OF STYLE

35. Pingback: Szerdai ötletelés #10 | Heart

36. Pingback: Rachel Bowie The weekend is here!