The Apple Brandy Allspice Fizz is a beautiful cocktail to serve along side your Thanksgiving feast. It’s tart and full of spices to pair with the flavorful food, yet light and refreshing to sip on so it won’t fill you up.
More room for those second and third helpings of turkey and stuffing! Win-win! Plus, an apple a day keeps the doctor away as they say!
I feel like this is left open for some interpretation and will be drinking way more apple brandy this fall and winter, what about you?!
Apples are one of my (Ashley Conway) favorite things to snack on in the fall (you can’t beat a fresh Lady Apple), but I also really, really enjoy drinking tasty apple cocktails like this Apple Brandy Allspice Fizz Thanksgiving cocktail recipe!
Sure there are a plethora of apple cider cocktails you can be sipping on, but I love mixing with Apple Brandy. It has beautiful apple flavor and spice-filled notes, but gives you more flexibility than apple juice or cider sometimes have (think: an Apple Brandy Old Fashioned!)
What Is Apple Brandy
What is Apple Brandy exactly? It is a distilled spirit made entirely from apples (so no corn, wheat, etc) it’s basically apple juice, but you know, boozy!
There are a lot of spicy notes in the Apple Brandy. I used which is perfect to shine through the emulsified, creamy egg white and fizziness of the soda.
Thanksgiving Cocktail Recipe
They most likely enjoyed some (or a lot) of Apple Brandy at The First Thanksgiving! Apples were so abundant back then. Apples were also easier to distill compared to the many other spirits that they were trying to produce at the time.
The Apple Brandy that I used for this recipe hails from my home state. (Heeey New Jersey!) And this particular brand also created the first commercial distillery in America. Thus, producing the first Apple Brandy here. I’ll cheers to that!
If you are not really into the history of booze like I am and prefer to just enjoy a delicious drink, then let’s get to the good part!
Apple Brandy Allspice Fizz Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz Apple Brandy (I used Laird’s 7 1/2 year)
- 2 oz apple juice
- 0.5 oz lemon juice
- 0.5 oz allspice syrup recipe below
- egg white from one egg
- 2 oz club soda
- star anise for garnish
- apple slice for garnish
- Make the allspice syrup.
- Add all ingredients, except for soda, into shaker without ice.
- Dry shake (shaken with out ice) for 30 seconds.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake for about a minute to get the egg whites nice and creamy.
- Pour into a large glass with ice.
- Top with club soda and stir a bit.
- Top with star anise and apple garnish and enjoy.
Allspice Syrup Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp whole star anise
- Add sugar and water into a pot and stir.
- Add star anise. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Turn to low at let simmer for 5-10 mins. Let the star anise steep until the syrup is cool.
- Strain out the solids and add to a airtight jar and place in the refrigerator for up to a month.