We mixed it up last week after Jared’s socially distanced birthday dinner. Jared took Gwen camping at Garner State Park with his Mom and Aunt, and she LOVED it.
I stayed back home with Luca since it’s scorching hot in Texas these days, and we’re still on an intense nap schedule since she just turned seven months.
It was good for my mama heart to see her having so much fun and finally getting out of the house a bit. She hasn’t been out in public since March, so crazy!
Having been born and raised in West Virginia, I really wish there were more rivers, creeks, and outdoor adventures that were easily accessible in Houston. That’s all I knew growing up, and I have such amazing memories of days on the river.
I’m actually working on a DIY stock tank pool coming up soon because I might go actually insane if we don’t start getting out of our house more often.
Obviously I’ll share the full scoop on that when the time comes, but until then, here are some weekly links for you…
The Weekly Edit
- My new favorite lamp (plus you all asked about this one and this one too!)
- Did you see my easy DIY hack for garden stones?
- 4 things that seem harmless but will actually ruin your sink.
- Pretty herb markers for your garden…
- The biggest (refreshing) trend of the summer!
- A unique garment stand for your small space (or if you’re lacking a coat closet).
- How your phone could be damaging your skin.
- For your backyard…
- Currently our most searched cocktail (in snow cone form).
- A non-inflatable kiddie pool (sorta) that’s not sold out (yet) and easy to drain and set-up.
- Who else (besides us) contributed to the 30+ million cake cutting views?!?
- For minimalist plant lovers…
- The worst and best wedding flowers for brides with allergies.
- A midcentury counter stool that’s actually under $70!
- An eco-friendly way to make those cut fruits & veggies last longer.
- 8 things to never throw away (or you’ll regret it).