Classic Strawberry Pistachio Crumble Recipe — this crumble recipe is the perfect cozy fall recipe for your holiday guests…
After I came home from the Farmers Market last week with what must have been five pounds of strawberries, I knew I had to set some aside for a simple crumble.
Less fussy than a pie, this classic strawberry pistachio crumble recipe is the perfect option when you’re craving dessert, but prefer something a little less indulgent.
I, Alex, love the combination of strawberries and pistachios; it’s a little unexpected compared to almonds, pecans or walnuts yet even more delicious.
Since pistachios are the lowest-calorie and lowest-fat option of snack nuts, feel free to liberally snack on them while you are whipping up this crumble.
When fresh berries are in season, I find that the less you tamper with them, the better. This crumble is exactly what you’d hope for in a summer dessert.
The oozing strawberries have the right balance of tart and sweet, layered with a nutty, crunchy oat topping.
Though it’s delicious on it’s own, it’s even better when served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! I already plan on having it for breakfast for the rest of the week (minus the ice cream, of course).
Do you have any takes on a classic crumble recipe that you love? Let’s hear it!
Easy Strawberry Pistachio Crumble Recipe
Strawberry Pistachio Crumble Recipe
- Food processor or blender
- 3 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/3 cup whole rolled oats
- ice cream for serving with it!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a pie pan or 8” square dish. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the oats, pistachios, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt until just combined.
- Add the oil and pulse again. Add the water and pulse again. The mixture should be fairly crumbly and stick together when pressed.
- Place the strawberries in the bottom of the baking dish and top with crumble. Bake for 20 minutes or until the fruit is bubbly and the topping is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
10 thoughts on “Easy Classic Strawberry Pistachio Crumble Recipe”
Delicious! A cup of icecream and I can call it heaven!
sounds amazing! I wanna do my best and try making this!
Oh, this looks delicious! STrawberries and pistachios are two of my favorites.
I know, right?!
Confession: I’ve never made a crumble before! *holds head in shame* – but thank you for posting this because I think I can handle whipping this together! ;)
-Clarissa @ The View From Here
Sounds delicious! I made a strawberry crumble this year as well, with my secret ingredient for adults: polish hazelnut liqueur!! Check out the recipe on my blog: http://www.idimin.berlin/a-walk-on-the-strawberry-field-part-7-strawberry-crumble/
Greetings from Berlin, Kali
In instructions for strawberry crumble you mention adding oil- is that the butter?
Hi Nancy! It can be butter or coconut oil – whatever your preference is!