Happy Sunday from the couch! We’ve been doing some extreme nesting things over here even though I’m trying to take it easier these last few weeks.
I had an early stress test done and our OB told me to reel it in a bit, so Jared has been doing A LOT of the home life to-do’s lately.
Thankfully he’s a very hands-on parent anyways, but I’ve put him on double duty to scramble and make sure we have baby things prepped just in case!
Things we still have to wrap up for work before she arrives —
- Our Picmonkey office makeover giveaway
- Sharing photos of our home decor for Christmas this year
- Wrapping up Gwen’s bedroom makeover blog post
- Putting the finishing touches on our master bedroom reveal
- Generally trying to organize my life so I can even find the new baby things!
Hope ya’ll have a relaxing weekend before the Thanksgiving chaos begins! Here are some weekly links and popular things ya’ll have loved lately…
The Weekly Edit
- This is the adult spirits advent calendar ya’ll have been going crazy for!
- Have you made your easy kids advent calendar yet?
- After all the teasing, there will be a Friends reunion!
- Looking for a creative Christmas craft that doubles as decor?
- A just for kicks quiz — What cat matches your personality based on the desserts you eat?
- Gift your guests with a one-of-kind party favor, a personalized (temporary) tattoo!
- Speech pathologist teaches her dog how to use a soundboard and now it communicates in sentences.
- The cutest stocking holder…
- The theme for next year’s MET gala has been revealed!
- Get your kids in the kitchen! Your mini sous chef can help meal prep with this tool.
- Gossip Girl, here… Kristen Bell returns to voice HBO Max’s reboot series.
- If you want something different than the usual traditional green garland…
- Speaking of reboots, Clueless is in the works to become a new TV show. As if!
- For a plant and animal lover…
- These abstract decanters serve as art pieces and your alcohol.
- Have an old yoga mat or snack wrappers? REI and Subaru are teaming up to divert hard-to-recycle waste from the landfills. Check out which additional items and local stores are participating here.
14 thoughts on “Our New Fireplace + The Weekly Edit”
It is wonderful to be here with everyone, I have a lot of knowledge from what you share, to say thank you, the information and knowledge here helps me a lot temple run 3
Thank you, Iku for the kind words! XOXO
That looks so good! I love the drawer pulls in particular. And that wood top really elevated it. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with IKEA. The nearest one to me (Albuquerque) is a good 6.5 hr drive away, and whenever I manage to get to one they are always out of what I wanted. At least I get a long weekend in either Denver or Phoenix, but It’s so frustrating!
temple run 2
Hi Sana! Have you tried Ikea’s pick up? We like doing that so all our items are pulled and ready for pickup when we arrive, especially all the big furniture. You’ll be charged a $5 pick up fee but they reimburse you with a $5 Ikea gift card that can be used in their food court too! P.S. 6.5 hours is such a long drive! You’d have to really love Ikea to drive that far!
This fireplace is amazing! Love it.
Thank you! We can’t wait to use it!
Oh my goodness that fireplace – it’s breathtaking!
Thanks, Sara! XOXO
Thanks so much for the roundup! The fireplace is beautiful.
You’re welcome, Krissy!
Oh my goodness, how GORGEOUS is your fireplace! A little jealous over here!
Lol. Wanna come over?
Make sure to take it easy! So fantastic you have someone you can count on to make over.
Thanks so much, Jen. After the doctor told us that, we had to be better about relaxing. Thank goodness for husbands!