We’re all for taking a weekend getaway to ease the stress when life gets insane, even if it doesn’t always feel like a good idea at the time. —Austin and Waco, certainly got us to relax! — But a semi-overseas trip? Ha! We’ll let you know if that was a good idea once we’re back from Turks & Caicos.
Traveling out of the country for a week during the midst of construction was never our intention. Technically, the new house should’ve been completed by now, but c’est la vie! This trip couldn’t be canceled, and at least, we’re 99% close to the finish line!
Last time we were in Turks & Caicos, Gwen was three-months-old, not even crawling and nowhere close to being on a consistent schedule. It’s going to be a whole different experience now that she can walk and enjoy the water! Again, that trip was actually supposed to be part of our baby-moon, but it got rescheduled thanks to Hurricane Irma. Clearly there is a theme here…
And this time, we’re here vacationing with our extended family, Brittni of Paper & Stitch, Kelly of Studio DIY, Lexy of Proper Blog and their husbands and kids. Our first family and friends trip together was in Scottsdale. Now, a year later (and a few more babies), we decided to be adventurous and go somewhere even more exciting!
We’re excited to share some photos from the trip (and a much-needed family photo update) after we get back to our reality of moving and unpacking.
For now, BRB cause we’re enjoying some good company, white beaches and Mai Tai’s. Hopefully, your weekend is just as relaxing to enjoy our weekly reads!
THE WEEKLY EDIT
- A carseat that folds up?!? Meet Pico, the travel car seat for kids 2-5 years. Now that Gwen has outgrown her infant car seat, we were in search of one that could travel with us.
- If you’re like us and traveling with kids now, check out our Tips For Traveling With A Baby and Baby Travel Gear For A Stress-Free Vacay posts.
- Are you a teacher? Teachers can get free flights to Mexico for Teacher Appreciation Week! Educators are one of the most hardworking professionals who deserve so this is much needed!
- Hint, hint, Jared. Mother’s Day is coming up and our ears need some lovely statement earrings.
- We didn’t have time to purchase a new bathing suit for the trip, but we wish we had this rainbow stripe number.
- This packable Janessa Leone straw hat can be folded in your suitcase for up to three days and still retain its shape!
- Diane von Furstenberg talks work-life balance. Doesn’t she sound like a wonderful boss?!?
- Keds is amazing us with all their recent collaborations! We especially loved that they’ve just partnered up with Ace & Jig, a women-owned brand of custom hand-loomed and hand-dyed textile collections. The Anchor Celadon Sneaker is our fave!
- A (now famous) kid got ahold of hair clippers with his 2 younger siblings nearby… and their mom reacted way better than we would with their new hairdo’s (or lack of).