The good ol’ days are still to come! This signage caught our eyes during our Magnolia Market trip. It perfectly summed up how we were feeling. We’ve faced so many move-in setbacks and crazy life hurdles, but now we’re starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel for sure!
We’re in crazy packing mode to get everything from our old house (aside from the big pieces of furniture!) packed up to move to the new house this coming THURSDAY! Yaaaay!!!
That said, there is quite a lot left to do at the new house but we’re just going to pull the trigger on moving now in good faith that it will all be done soon! Plus, we really need to get our current house listed on the market while things are good.
As for as the new house, here’s the scoop on what will be finished (and unfinished!) when we move in —
- 0% of the house will be decorated, hahaha! Basically, we’re just moving our crap in and will figure out the rest as we go.
- 98% of the bedrooms upstairs are done, we’re just waiting on a new window installation for Gwen’s room and then we’re all set!
- The master bathroom with be 90%, just waiting on a small bathtub hurdle and then we’re good.
- 3 bathrooms (all of them except the master bathroom) will be completely unrenovated because we didn’t have the budget to conquer these before moving in thanks to all of our budget setbacks like foundation, structural, and electrical issues, etc.
- The kitchen won’t be completed at all. We’re still waiting on countertops, installed appliances, and sinks. But hey, that’s what Uber Eats and Chick-fil-a is for!
- All the flooring is complete.
- All the painting is complete.
- Still needing to install the new wall mounted fireplaces.
- Still needing to install clerestory windows in the family room.
- Lots of little details like shelving and lights need put in place.
- New floating staircase has officially replace the old spiral stairs!
- Currently working on organizing my new studio and will share peeks of that soon.
Be sure to follow along on stories as we’ll be sharing lots more as we prep to move in! For now, here are your Friday weekly edit links…
THE WEEKLY EDIT
- Can you tell which Paul Rudd is younger? We only scored 12 out of 20. Can you believe he turned 50 this week?!? Who else thinks that he hasn’t aged since Clueless?
- Love, want, need these rainbow slides.
- Then, Gwen could match me with in this rainbow blouse!
- We knew it! Cats do fetch or do they? NPR had to backtrack on their headline, but we’ll only believe it when we actually see a cat fetch.
- Here’s something for pug and/or plant lovers.
- Don’t skip out on applying sunscreen to your eyelids! A recent study showed that this area is the most forgotten and most vulnerable to skin cancer.
- You could never tell that this is a wireless charging station.
- Earth Day is this month! Our favorite tip left on our Going Green: Easy Eco-Friendly Items To Substitute in Your Home comment section was to substitute regular toilet paper for bamboo and recycled Who Gives A Crap paper. (Who else is loving that brand name?!?)
- Currently loving cutout prints, especially this Matisse-inspired throw pillow.
- We just discovered these labels that will make packing and moving so much easier!
- T-minus 9 days until Easter. Are those Easter baskets complete? Just in case you missed our Easter roundups, here are our fave picks for modern Easter baskets, non-candy Easter stuffers for your kids, stuffers for him & her and healthy Easter candy alternatives.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission using Shopstyle, Reward Style, and/or Amazon Associates.