It’s the last week of March! The exclamation mark conveys our excitement and anxiety. March was our original renovation move-in deadline…after the original January move-in deadline. You see where this is going, ha! As we all now know, construction timelines are kind of like wishing on a shooting star. I blame renovation TV for that false hope.
There is light at the end of the tunnel (literally and figuratively). The house now has lots of natural light because of new Velux Sun Tunnel Skylights, and almost all of the bedrooms are complete. The master bathroom install also started this week too!
The best news, we unpacked our POD of things from the old studio space into the new in-home studio! Okay fine, it’s just a glorified bedroom, but tomato/tomahto. It was the easiest room to tackle. After some rearranging, we’ll finally be able to work on a real office desk and sit on a real office chair all while having an amazing lake view.
The most recent house timeline goes like this —
- Slowly started boxing and moving this into the new house upstairs bedrooms (everything else is still under construction)
- Aim for having the main parts of the living areas done enough to move in toward the middle to end of April
- List our current house at the end of April
THE WEEKLY EDIT
- Mindy Kahling is set to develop her own Netflix series inspired by her childhood.
- There are lots of things we are suckers for and succulents are one of them. Kim Baise has a new Cact-Eye Papier Mache Wall Art. You can even commission her to make your own custom mobile or snag her ready-to-buy Woodland Mobile.
- What a pretty way to display your magazines?!?
- Apple has a new credit card. There will be no fees! Nope, no late fees, annual fees, international charges or even going over your credit limit.
- Add this on to our list of fancy things we’re eyeing.
- These are the best places to buy plants online. We accidentally stumbled upon The Sill while in New York a few years ago and did not want to leave!
- This is totally my workout motto (and life motto).
- In love with these Yeti-like cups for Gwen’s smoothies.
- The perk of running your own business is that we can stay in our pajamas all day and no one would know. We’d totally rock this blazer at a meeting or event though.
- The funniest tweets from parents this week. How are we just now discovering that this is a weekly Huffington Post feature?!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission using Shopstyle, Reward Style, and/or Amazon Associates.