To say a lot happened this week is not an exaggeration. The Sugar & Cloth site got a new look! What do you think of our new re-design?
We celebrated with lots of cake! This facelift has been on our wishlist for the past 2 years. We wanted a more editorial magazine layout.
And you know us, we just love piling new to-do’s to our heavy workload. Hah! Transferring over years of old content and images was no small task so our site was down for a few hours.
Shout out to our team at Chloe Digital. They assisted us on the backend to bring all our new wants, needs and features to a reality. There’s still LOTS of kinks to work out so please bear with us.
If you see something wonky, don’t be shy. Leave us a comment. And thanks for being patient!
While all this has been happening, the home renovation is still moving along. It’s now almost 7 months past the original deadline so at this point, we are just happy when any task is done.
Here’s what is finished so far:
- Studio and craft closet: The buildout is complete, but its still a hot mess after we unloaded everything out of the POD! We have yet to organize the workspace.
- Living room: Done! Even all the wall decor is up. Call us crazy, but we might change some things around.
- Dining room: Completed! We actually have a place to eat!
- Guest bedroom: We just revealed the room this week and may have to make it our temporarily family bedroom for now.
Currently almost complete:
- Kitchen: There are some small doors and fixtures missing, but all the appliances have been installed.
- Gwen’s bedroom: We’re still waiting for some furniture to arrive. Gwen’s in for a treat! This is definitely now a big-girl room and will look nothing like her old nursery!
In hindsight, we thought all these rooms would be the easiest so we tackled them first. Surprise, surprise! These rooms ended up doing the most damage to our timeline, sanity and wallet.
Unplanned foundation fix-ups, new plumbing, AC and electrical — the list goes on and on. And we don’t even have a real bed to sleep in at the end of the night! Word of advice, conqueor the master bedroom first during any home renovation!
This weekend we head out to Austin to photograph our upcoming Olivia + Ocean swimwear collaboration. We’re excited to reveal our mommy and daughter matching swimwear designs. For now, enjoy our weekly reads!
THE WEEKLY EDIT
- Attention taco lovers: here’s how to book a stay at the Taco Bell hotel.
- Puddle jumpers have limited designs to choose from, but did you know that there are custom covers and shops that offer monograming?
- Crocs are going goth with a new Barneys collaboration: Thoughts? We hear crocs are insanely comfortable and great for kids, but we just can’t get into them…
- A cute summer bag! And we are so into circle bags and rattan things at the moment!
- Kuddos to the British for banning gender stereotypes in advertising!
- Hey, cat lovers! Local line, CastrophicCreations has been hailed for their “elevated cat furniture”.
- YouTube sensation, Baby Shark hit 2.9 billion views. Yes, we said billions! And now we official can never escape the “doo, doo, doo, doo” because it’s being turned into an animated series.
- For all our kids bumps, bruises and owies, check out these Rainbow Bravery Badges aka band-aids.
- Learn how Dior created the plissé effects for its Men’s Spring Summer 2020 collection: The craftsmanship, dyeing and pleating is insane!
- Make your own DIY Ballon Garland Cake Topper shown above and get tips on how to paint a cake.