We publicly professed our love for our moms, but shame on us! We’ve never done a Father’s Day ode. Pretty sure they’re totally fine staying behind the scenes considering how much they dodge the camera though, haha!
Thankfully, Jared is always game for a photo op (if it’s not just him). Despite his stubborn antics about where we eat and random things here and there, he’s been on board for just about anything when it comes to the blog world since our first date. Even putting it on pause so I could wrap up a blog post.
In honor of Father’s Day, here’s an ode to the best dads that we could ask for and the most decent photos of them that we could find. And of course, our weekly links are dedicated to them!..
My dad has been our saving grace during this whole house renovation. We cut down on a lot of labor expenses because of his help, not to mention how many times he was able to put something in lamens terms for us! Thank goodness he’s handy!
When we couldn’t be on site at the new house, he would take over as our unofficial project manager. Sometimes, he also found himself stuck with photography duties. (Thanks, dad!)
While we were in Turks & Caicos, he even camped out at the house to keep an eye on the construction and to check on our appliance and furniture deliveries.
He also drove down from West Virginia to help us with our first studio (RIP). The originally planned small weekend trip turned into an unexpected three weeks of mental breakdowns to fix a bad contractor job and console his stressed daughter!
We can’t thank him enough for helping us finish our old townhome in time for Gwen’s arrival, too! Sorry, dad. You probably now hate that we never move into a turn-key property!
Hardworking, loving and always up for a good time. My dad, or “pops” as he would prefer to be called, loves being Gwen’s grandfather and enjoys spending every moment he can with her!
This is Jared multi-tasking at his best! I seriously got a good one with Jared. He’s so hands-on with Gwen and we’re very much 50/50 when it comes to raising her on a daily basis.
Except during my first trimester recently, it’s actually more like he’s 80 and I’m the 20. Nausea and constant fatigue is NO JOKE with a toddler around, and he’s been saving the day even more than usual.
Thank you for all that you do, babe!
THE WEEKLY EDIT
- Why is it a dad prerequisite to have corny jokes? 29 dad jokes that are so bad they’re actually good.
- Surprise your dad on Father’s Day with Spiced Cinnamon Apple Waffles & Bourbon Syrup for breakfast.
- He’d probably also enjoy a Coffee Old Fashion Cocktail in the evening!
- Yep, dad bloggers are becoming a thing!
- Beard oil is exactly what it sounds like and this one has always been our fave. Cedarwood, coriander and peppercorn – it couldn’t sound even more manly.
- Father’s Day, millennial style: the kitchen is the new garage. Totally true in our family!
- Looking for a last minute Father’s Day gift? Thank goodness for Amazon Prime and Sunday delivery! We now have a pedal boat, and this waterproof speaker is the perfect gift to take out on the lake or beach!
- Whether you’re hosting a Father’s Day brunch or want to make him a playlist, here’s 25 best Father’s Day songs for dads to have on rotation this Sunday.
14 thoughts on “Happy Father’s Day + The Weekly Edit”
Did I miss a pregnancy announcement?
Lol. You’re the only one who caught it! We are waiting on making a big official post. This second one has been a bit scarier.
P.S. Don’t forget about your “pops”
These are some great gift ideas and fun activities to do to celebrate my husband! My kids will love to do this for him!
Thanks, Sara! I hope you guys had a great Father’s Day!
This is lovely! Thank you!
You’re welcome! XOXO
Love the tips and ideas for father’s day!
Such a sweet post!
We hope we didn’t embarrass them. LOL.
aw, great guys all around. Happy Father’s Day!
Definitely great guys! Thank you!