Coffee Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe — In case you’re looking to spice up your traditional old fashioned recipe, this version is both your favorite coffee and favorite cocktail combined…
Some days you need a coffee and some days, you just need a cocktail. And some days, you need both! Fathers and father figures are always there for us.
They build playhouses, patch scraped knees, pick us up when we fall and dish out all the dad jokes. I, Ashley have secretly grown to love them. Ha!
To thank your pops or your partner for their spirit and love over the years, make them something special for Father’s Day. Leave the macaroni art to the kids, and mix up this Coffee Old Fashioned!
Old Fashioned are a classic for a reason. Touted as one of the first cocktails, it contains spirit, sugar and bitters. It can also be any combination of these three ingredients.
The base spirit can be the go-to bourbon, rum, mezcal or other spirits combined with flavored syrups and a plethora of bitter choices, you can really make it your own.
I kept it classic with bourbon here, but added in some coffee liqueur for a kick of caffeine.
Along with orange and spice-filled angostura bitters, this Coffee Old Fashioned is the perfect pick-me up to mix-up for Father’s Day this year!
In case you’re looking for some other cocktail recipes to warm up with or pairings for your coffee old fashioned cocktail, here are some of my favorites —
- An easy blood orange sangria recipe
- A refreshing white autumn sangria recipe
- The best easy turkey chili recipe
- An easy hot spiced wine recipe
- Coffee old fashioned cocktail for a twist on the classic
- Healthy easy baked apple recipe
Coffee Old Fashioned Recipe
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1/2 oz coffee liqueur We used Mr. Black Cold Brew
- 1/4 oz simple syrup or to taste
- 2 dash orange bitters
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 1 expressed orange peel for garnish
- 3 coffee bean for garnish
- Add bourbon, coffee liqueur, syrup and bitters into a mixing glass.
- Fill 3/4 with ice.
- Stir for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a glass with a large ice cube.
- Express orange peel over the glass by squeezing orange peel over glass to release the oils and rubbing around the rim.
- Drop peel into the glass.
- Garnish with coffee beans.
Don’t forget to share your cocktail creation with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We love seeing all of your creations! And if you’re looking for more quick and delicious recipes, you can find them all right here with a few bites to go along!