Raise your hand if you’re like me and obsessed with all things plants! Our first decor purchase for the new home was a giant fiddle fig tree. I also made sure to incorporate plants into our design plans for the new living room and dining room.
My love for plants even landed me in the Urgent Care a few weeks ago. Side note: If you missed my Instagram stories, my hand swelled up when I was pulling weeds! I was trying to beautify the old townhome before we listed it on the market. After 24-hours, lots of Benadryl and no luck with the swelling, I had to go to the ER!
So if your mom, grandma or godmother is a plant lady or just enjoys spending time in the garden, here are our Mother’s Days picks for any mom with the green thumb!
MOTHER’S DAY GIFTS FOR THE MOM WITH THE GREEN THUMB
- The Sill Potted Plants For Beginners Subscription Box – Every month an easy-to-care-for plant, hand-potted in one of The Sill’s exclusive earthenware planters will be delivered to your mom’s door.
- Bowl Terrarium With Brass Stand – Gentle curves and a sleek brass stand define this handmade terrarium that makes a beautiful home for layers of greenery!
- How To Raise A Plant And Make Them Love You Back – Find tips inside on how to choose plants, where to place them, and above all how to care for them and keep them thriving.
- Eucalyptus Wall Art – These large set of 3 original watercolor eucalyptus prints would be perfect in your mom’s living room, a den, an entryway, kitchen or office.
- Azteca Sun Hat – Make sure your mom is protected from the harsh sun! This straw hat perfectly transitions from the garden to the poolside to the seaside.
- Floral Garden Weeder Gloves – Get your mom through her toughest weeding endeavors in the garden. (If I had these, it would’ve saved me a trip to the ER!)
- Maggie Louise Confections Love Grows Here Chocolate Set – Satisfy your mom’s sweet tooth! Espresso cream, salted caramel, hazelnut mocha and more make up this box of hand-painted chocolates.
- Copper Watering Can – This watering can doubles as a vase when not being used to water house plants.
- Garden Greeting Pots – Charmingly hand-crafted and painted by hand, choose from “Keep Growing”, “Plant Lady” or “Bloom”.
- Personalized Garden Tools – Personalize your mom’s essential gardening tools with her name or a sweet message! The set of includes one hand trowel and one hand cultivator.
DIY PLANT PROJECTS
Wanna up your Mother’s Day gift? Take it a step further and pair our picks with a personal handmade gift! Check out our unique and easy DIY plant projects below.
Mid Century Modern Planter – This DIY minimalist mid-century goodness would be perfect to house a mini palm plant. Any guesses what it’s made from? Hint: It just might be as simple as two stacked bowls.
Mini Plant Pots – This DIY doesn’t require a kiln (just an oven)! It holds easy-to-care air plants and can also be used as a ring dish.
Mid Century Planter & Stand – “Mid century” and “budget rarely go together, but it’s totally possible and doable with this project!
Outdoor Succulent Wall Accent – Give your mom’s backyard a facelift with this wall accent!
Potted Cactus Macarons – They’re sweet and prickly but still delicious!