Chocolate Kiss Snickerdoodle Cookie — This chocolate kiss snickerdoodle cookie recipe is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth and impress guests with a secret ingredient.
We’re suckers for anything covered in cinnamon and sugar. So it should come as no surprise that this chocolate kiss snickerdoodle cookie recipe ranks high on my list of all-time favorites!
Plus, you are reading this from a blog that has “sugar” in the name. So it shouldn’t be shocking that we have quite the stockpile of dessert recipes.
While this easy snickerdoodle recipe creates incredibly soft chewy cookies, I, Alex wanted to elevate them with a chocolate kiss in the middle.
You can never go wrong with adding a little extra chocolate to a recipe, right? Because really? Does anything sound better than snickerdoodle cookies right about now?
I think not!
What Makes Snickerdoodle Cookies Soft?
In case you’re wondering what makes a snickerdoodle any different than many other cinnamon topped cookies, there’s one secret ingredient.
The thing that distinguishes sugar cookies from snickerdoodles is cream of tartar, which can easily be found in most baking sections of your favorite grocery store.
It provides a slight tang, and chewy texture without any crunch. So don’t be tempted to skip it!
Once you’ve mastered the basic snickerdoodle cookie, you can have fun with it as we did with this recipe or even making turning them into Snickerdoodle & Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches!
How To Store Snickerdoodle Cookies
Most people notoriously love the classic snickerdoodle recipe because of their chewy soft goodness.
To keep your cookies nice and moist, be sure to store the cookies in an airtight container for up to one week.
That’s good news for me, because I like to milk these snickerdoodle kiss cookies as long as they’ll last!
Once the cookies come out of the oven, immediately place a kiss in the center. The still-warm cookies will cling to the kiss as they cool.
I opted for a simple milk chocolate. But feel free to change things up with a dark chocolate, white chocolate, or flavored version for the holidays.
Tips When Making Snickerdoodle With Hershey Kiss
Try out different flavors of Hershey Kisses
Why not experiment with different flavors of hershey kisses? The standard chocolate ones are milk, but you can try dark or peppermint for a change. Use your favorite kind of flavor in this recipe!
Prepare for more than you realize you’ll need
You can never have too many cookies! These snickerdoodles cookies will be gone before you know it, but they’re also easy to make and freezing some just might work out well in the end.
Experiment with different nut butters
There are many types of nut butters you can use, including chocolate almond butter if that’s what appeals to your taste. Try cashew or regular with no added sugar!
Do you have a favorite snickerdoodle recipe or secret ingredient of your own? Don’t be shy, we want in on the scoop, too!
Easy Chocolate Kiss Snickerdoodle Cookies
Chocolate Kiss Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp cane sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 24 chocolate kisses unwrapped
- Place the butter and cane sugar in a bowl with a hand mixer and cream together. Add in the egg and beat in, creating a fluffy, smooth base.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Slowly add in the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined and a dough has formed.
- Place the dough in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the dough from the fridge and lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Using a 1 tablespoon scoop, scoop out dough and roll into a ball. Roll into the sugar/cinnamon mixture and place on the baking sheet.
- Continue with the rest of the dough, leaving 2" between the balls as they will spread as they cook. Depending on the size of your baking sheet, you may need more than one.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and promptly place a chocolate kiss in the center of the cookie. Let cool completely and enjoy!
9 thoughts on “Tasty Chocolate Snickerdoodle With Hershey Kiss Cookie Recipe”
Guessing the 3/4 cup sugar is what goes into the dough?
Hi Sonya! Yes, the 3/4 cup of cane sugar is used in the first step. It is first mixed with the butter. You then add this butter/sugar mixture in with the dough. Hope this helps!
This is a great thing, I think everyone feels this information is very valuable, thank you
Thank you! We hope everyone does think so!
Yes, definitely Do Not skip the cream of tartar. Didn’t realize I was out of it until after mixing the egg, sugar and butter. They turned out so crispy and thin that they just shattered…still yummy, though! Picking up the tartar and we will try again!
I always include cookies in my favourite foods and snacks. because most of time I try the recipe with the different ideas which is really too much good for me. Thanks a lot for give the good idea.
These sound delicious! I think I’m going to make them this weekend.
So glad! You deserve it! xo