This Frosted Animal Cracker Cake is throwing us all the way back to childhood! Not to mention, this baby is no-bake and easy to whip up.
We LOVE a good ice box cake.
They’re super easy to make but are always a crowd favorite, especially with the kiddos when you’re adding frosted animal crackers to it!
Raise your hand if you love summer desserts. But you don’t love all the work that comes with them.
(We’re talking to you, berry pies!). Is your hand raised?
Because if it is, and we’re guessing it is, then you’ll love the dessert that I, Alyssa have whipped up for you today — a Frosted Animal Cracker Cake!
Because we’re a total kid at heart, we couldn’t resist.
The flavor is great and who doesn’t love some colored sprinkles in their life?!
If you want to go bananas, like us, you can even go the extra step and add more sprinkles (Never enough sprinkles, right?!) and white chocolate shavings to the top.
Bringing a showstopper like this Frosted Animal Cracker Icebox Cake to the table will have everyone thinking you’ve spent hours in the kitchen, when secretly you just layered cream and cookies.
Don’t worry, though…your secret is safe with us!
What is an Icebox Cake?
Icebox cakes have been a longtime favorite of many for a few reasons.
They’re no-bake (a life saver in the summer heat).
They require a minimum of two ingredients (whipped cream and cookies).
The flavor options are endless.
And the recipes can easily be doubled or tripled, making them perfect for summer entertaining.
For a boozy icebox cake, try our Mudslide Cake.
More Easy Cake Recipes
Have you ever tried icebox cake? If so, do you have a favorite flavor?
For more easy cake recipes, check out a few of our favorites from the archives below —
- Funfetti Cookie Cake
- Low Carb Cheesecake
- Bailey’s Tiramisu Crepe Cake
- Boozy Mudslide Icebox Cake
- Unicorn Strawberry Cake
Frosted Animal Cracker Ice Box Cake Recipe
- Spring form pan
- Mixing bowl
- Wax or parchment paper
- 21 oz frosted animal crackers or 1 1/2 packages of a 14 oz bag or 120 animal crackers
- 2 cup milk
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sprinkles to garnish
- White chocolate shavings to garnish
- Makes a 9” round cake.
- Store leftovers wrapped in plastic wrap or in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Pour the milk into a large container, bowl or baking dish.
- Add in the frosted animal crackers and allow them to soak for about 10-15 minutes. Because of the frosting on the cookies, soaking them will simply help the layers to be a little bit softer. Additionally, if you’d like the layers to be even softer, you can break the cookies in half. If you do so, soak them in the milk for about 5 minutes instead of the 10-15 minutes.
- While the cookies are soaking, whip the cream, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Line the bottom of an 9” spring form pan with wax paper or parchment paper. Begin layering on the cookie pieces. Each layer should fit about 32 cookies.
- Add on about 1/3 of the whipped cream.
- Continue layering the cookies and cream, ending with the cream on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 5-6 hours, ideally overnight.
- Right before serving, remove the cake from the pan. (Run a knife along the edge to help loosen it first). If desired, top with additional sprinkles and white chocolate curls/shavings.
Don’t forget to share your Frosted Animal Cracker Cake with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. Looking for more quick and delicious recipes? Find them all right here with a few bites to go along with them!
10 thoughts on “No Bake Frosted Animal Cracker Cake Recipe”
I’m all in for no-bake goodies. Personally I’m not a fan of whipped cream. I makes a similar recipe where I use yogurt and cream instead of whipped cream. U can try that, it’s also easy and yummy.
We’re totally all about the no bake too! Thanks for the recommendation on the whipped cream alternative. We’ll definitely have to try that!
I’m more than happy to uncover this website. I need to to thank you for ones time due to this fantastic read!! I definitely apericeatpd every little bit of it and I have you saved as a favorite to check out new information on your website.
Perfect! Delicious! The photos are amazing!
Alyssa did an amazing job!
Glad you liked the recipe!
Oh i love this idea!! I can smell this sweet cake just imagining it.
I know, right?! So glad you like it!