Infused with Baileys and using crepes as a twist on the traditional cake layer, this Baileys Tiramisu Crepe Cake recipe is a seriously drool-inducing concoction!
Is it just us, or does your entire mouth fill up with drool with a quick glance at tiramisu? Too honest?
This Baileys Tiramisu Crepe recipe takes the whole tiramisu thing to the next level with a little Baileys kick.
The classic tiramisu is a favorite, but why not spice it up?
And combine that with a twist on the traditional cake layer using delicate crepes instead, and you have a recipe for a whole lotta crepe love!
Equipment and Ingredients to Make Bailey’s Tiramisu Crepe Cake
Melted butter or Coconut oil
White granulated sugar
Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
Heavy whipping cream
Softened mascarpone cheese
Vanilla bean or vanilla extract
Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
Cocoa powder for dusting
How to Make a Baileys Tiramisu Crepe Cake
Step 1 — Make the crepes by placing all of the ingredients into a mixer and blending until smooth.
Step 2 — Preheat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and lightly spray with coconut oil.
Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the center of the pan for each crepe, flipping them over to cook on both sides evenly once the edges start to brown.
Then, allow them to cool on a stacked plate before assembling the cake.
How to Make the Crepe Filling
Mix the cream, cream cheese, butter, sweetened condensed milk, salt, vanilla, and Baileys in a mixer on medium speed until fluffy, but do not over-mix.
Step 4 — Using a springform pan lined with wax paper, place a crepe in the bottom, followed by an evenly spread layer of filling and a sprinkle of cocoa powder, then repeat for all crepes leaving the last layer naked.
Step 5 — Cover the cake and let it refrigerate for 12 hours.
Step 6 — Once the crepe cake is fully set, flip it over onto your serving dish and sprinkle the top with cocoa powder and keep refrigerated until serving.
Making it a lot less intimidating than it looks, I promise!
You’ll definitely be within the daughter-in-law award with this, trust me…
We know, we know. You’re drooling just thinking about this tiramisu crepe cake recipe, and you can’t wait to get started making it.
But trust us; it’s worth the effort. The delicate crepes combined with the rich flavors of Baileys and espresso make for a truly decadent dessert experience.
So go ahead and put this one on your list of must-try recipes. And be sure to let us know how it turns out!
More Cake Recipes
- DIY Abstract Floral Pattern Cake
- 10 Minute Mini Waffle Cakes Recipe
- Easy Mini Mochi Cakes Recipe
- DIY Sugar Flower Cake
Baileys Tiramisu Crepe Cake Recipe
- Medium nonstick pan
For the crepes:
- 8 large egg
- 3 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup espresso
- 1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
For the filling:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz softened mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla bean or vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
- Cocoa powder for dusting
How to make the crepes:
- In a blender, add all of the crepe ingredients. Blend for approximately 1-1 ½ minutes (or until all the lumps are gone). Make sure to stop half-way through to scrape down the sides.
- Place the batter in refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Once the batter is chilled, take a whisk and beat the batter to remove any excess lumps or clumps that may have formed during the chilling process.
- Over medium heat, melt ½ teaspoon of butter in a 9-inch skillet. Once the butter has melted, tilt pan to approximately 45-degree angle and pour about 2 tablespoons of batter into the skillet. Be sure to swirl the batter around in the bottom of the skillet to even the crepe out.
- Cook for about 45 seconds, or until you see the edges start to turn a golden brown. Then, flip and cook for another 15 seconds.
- Once the crepe is done, place on a paper towel lined plate and repeat the process starting by melting ½ teaspoon of butter in the nonstick skillet over medium heat. Continue until the batter has been used up.
- At this time, you can either continue on to assemble the cake, or place the crepes in a zip-lock bag and store them in the fridge for a day or two prior to making the cake. (Just be sure to let the crepes come to room temperature again before you begin building the cake).
To make the Baileys filling:
- Once you’re ready to assemble the cake, beat your heavy cream until it’s soft and fluffy. Add in the mascarpone cheese, Bailey's, and vanilla and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
To assemble the cake:
- Place a crepe in the center of a cake stand. Spread on a very thin layer (about 1-2 tablespoons) of the filling cream mixture.
- Add on another crepe, then another layer of cream, and continue on until all the crepes have been used, making sure to end with a slightly thicker layer of cream on top.
- Garnish with dusted cocoa powder and serve!