Looking for a boozy late-night dessert? This homemade ice cream recipe is the perfect option…
Homemade ice cream with whiskey caramel sauce and Bailey’s is the perfect adult treat to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with.
Sure, Shamrock Shakes are fun, but who needs green food coloring when you have Bailey’s…and whiskey!
If you’ve never made ice cream before, this is the perfect recipe to start with. It’s almost fool-proof, relying on just heavy cream, sugar, and milk instead of a traditional egg custard base.
The result is a silky, creamy ice cream with just a hint of baileys cream.
To take this dessert over the top, I, Alex, have included a whiskey caramel sauce to liberally drizzle over.
For a St. Patty’s worthy sundae, layer Bailey’s Ice Cream over chocolate ice cream in a serving bowl, then top it with whiskey caramel sauce, whipped cream, and garnishes of your choice.
Another sundae recipe is Frozen Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sundaes which is also the best summer treat.
Just as fun as an Irish Car Bomb but a lot more delicious, and you won’t feel nearly as bad the next day…
Equipment and Ingredients to Make Bailey’s Ice Cream with Whiskey Caramel Sauce
Ice cream maker
Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
Pure cane sugar
How to Make Bailey’s Ice Cream with Whiskey Caramel Sauce
Step 1 — Whisk together the combined ingredients, stirring until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved in the liquid.
Place the mixture into the fridge to chill for at least two hours or up to overnight.
Step 2 — Add ingredients to the base of an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Adding the alcohol will increase the freezing point so that the ice cream will be similar to soft serve in consistency.
Step 3 — Now, just drizzle the homemade caramel over any of your favorite ice cream flavors!
Step 4 — Once you’ve enjoyed this ice cream as is, try it in a boozy Bailey’s milkshake!
Combine two scoops of Bailey’s ice cream with two additional tablespoons of Bailey’s, 1 cup of milk, and a handful of ice cubes.
Step 5 — Puree in a high-powered blender until creamy and smooth. Pour into a tall glass and drizzle with whiskey caramel.
Step 6 — Serve immediately or place in a freezer-safe container for later.
Now drizzle the homemade caramel over any of your favorite ice cream flavors!
Do you have any other go-to boozy desserts that you’ve loved?
More Ice Cream Recipes that You Should Try
For more delicious ice cream desserts, check out our favorites below —
- Ice Cream Cookie Cups Recipe
- Easy Cotton Candy Ice Cream Shots Recipe
- DIY Ice Cream Cupcakes With Chocolate Liners Recipe
- Caramel Apple Crumble Ice Cream Recipe
Baileys Ice Cream Recipe
- Ice cream maker
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup pure cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Whisk together the combined ingredients, stirring until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved in the liquid.
- Place the mixture into the fridge to chill, for at least two hours or up to overnight.
- Add ingredients to the base of an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacture’s instructions. Adding the alcohol will increase the freezing point, so the ice cream will be similar to soft serve in consistency.
- Serve immediately or place in a freezer safe container for later.
Whiskey Caramel Sauce
- Sauce pan
- 1 cup Pure cane sugar
- 0.25 cup Water
- 0.5 cup Heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Whiskey
- 1 pinch of salt (optional)
- Add the sugar and water to a large sauce pan over medium heat. Swirl the pan over the heart source for 15 minutes or until a deep amber color is reached. Watch closely as to not let it burn. The caramel should be a deep golden brown color, any paler and it will not turn into caramel sauce.
- Once the deep amber color is reached, turn off the burner and remove the sauce pan from the heat. Slowly add in the heavy cream while stirring. Add in the whiskey and salt and place on the still-warm burner for another minute or two, stirring the entire time. By now, the two liquids should have incorporated creating a rich caramel sauce.
- Transfer to a heat safe container to cool.
Don’t forget to share your baileys and ice cream with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! Looking for more quick and delicious recipes? Find them all right here, with a few desserts to go along with them!