This Strawberry & Rose Sorbet Champagne Cocktail boasts champagne infused sorbet that’s is the perfect date night recipe to have on hand…
Champagne, strawberries, and roses are often go-to on Valentines Day.
And I, Ashley, reimagined this classic combo into this cocktail with sparkling wine and sweet strawberry rose sorbet that makes for one tantalizing tipple.
Sorbet in a cocktail? Yes, way sorbet!
Mixed with bubbly champagne and some vodka for a bit of a kick, this Strawberry and Rose Sorbet Cocktail will be the perfect nightcap and sweet ending to your next date night or for V-Day.
Sorbet is perfect for this drink since it takes the place of the sweetness and acidity often found in cocktails.
Sorbet surprisingly easy to make at home.
Some recipes call for an ice cream maker. But the version I whipped up only requires a blender or food processor to achieve creamy sweet sorbet.
Speaking of sweetness, when you mix up the sorbet, it should taste almost too sweet before freezing. This is what you want to aim for. Trust me!
Our tastebuds can not taste sweetness as well at colder temperatures so more sugar is needed to be added to frozen treats then non-frozen to taste great.
Our Spiked Watermelon Sorbet Cocktail is another recipe we created that infuses sorbet with alcohol.
The sciencey stuff may not by romantic, but it definitely makes for great cocktails that are!
Whip this up post dinner on Valentines Day, or any special day to really wow your significant other. It’s part dessert, part cocktail, and all tasty.
You can even customize it you if you prefer other types of fruit. Feel free to replace the frozen strawberries with berries or other sweet fruit (citrus can be tricky in sorbets) to make it your own.
Looking for a special drink to mix up for you lover, best girlfriends, or to treat yourself (because you deserve it)?
This Strawberry and Rose Sorbet Cocktail is just the lovely libation!
More Easy Champagne Cocktails To Try
And did I mention the best part? It will get sweeter and fruiter as it melts, so the drink will change over time!
Strawberry Rose Sorbet Cocktail Recipe Tips
- Experiment with different fruits if you like. Raspberry or blackberry would also make the perfect fruits to use in this cocktail.
- If you can’t find rosewater, you can substitute vanilla extract.
- The sorbet can also be made without alcohol for a virgin version.
If you like sweet bubbly drinks like this cocktail, check out a few of our favorites from the archives —
- Easy Champagne Jello Shots
- Red Currant Champagne
- Blackberry Champagne Punch
- French 75 Cocktail
- Fall Poisoned Apple Cocktail Recipe
- Sherry Berry Cocktail Recipe
How to Make Strawberry and Rose Sorbet Champagne
Strawberry and Rose Sorbet Champagne Cocktail Recipe
- Nonstick pan
For the sorbet:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dried organic rose petals
- 4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
For the cocktail:
- 1/2 cup strawberry rose sorbet 1 scoop
- 5 oz champagne or dry sparkling wine
- 5 oz vodka or gin
- Rose petals and strawberry slice to garnish
To make the sorbet:
- Add sugar and water to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Take off the heat and add the rose petals.
- Once cool, strain through fine mesh stainer.
- Add frozen strawberries, rose syrup, and lemon juice to a high powered blender or food processor. Blend.
- Pour into an air tight container and place in the freezer. Stir mixture occasionally until frozen.
- Store for up to 3 months in the freezer.
To make the sorbet champagne cocktail:
- Scoop sorbet to a glass. Pour over the gin and champagne.
- Top with rose petals and strawberry slice (I cut mine into a heart.)
- Let the sorbet melt a bit before drinking to let the flavors meld.