Galentine’s Day – the brainchild of Park’s and Recreation’s Leslie Knope to celebrate female friendships, usually with a brunch hosted the day before Valentine’s day. As explained by Leslie,
“Every February 13, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas.”
We previously mentioned that 2018 showed us who are true friends were. Though it took some time to find our girl gang, we’re grateful for our tribe and love that there’s a day devoted just for our girlfriends. Like any holiday, don’t forget to treat your gals!
To give you a few ideas, check out our roundup of Galentine’s Day gifts for your besties. They won’t strain your wallet (so you’ll still be able to spoil your significant other). AND don’t worry, our picks are less time-consuming than say… Leslie’s personalized mosaic portraits made from the crushed bottles of all her girlfriends’ favorite diet soda.
- Recreation Center Doodle Mug – for her cup of jo
- And Other Stories Sheer Polka Dot Socks – hosiery to dress up her feet
- Chickidee Terrazzo Wooden Storage Box – for her jewelry or all her pretty little things
- Boy Smells Petal Candle – tree flowers scents of magnolia, purple geranium, rose, sage & patchouli
- Herbivore Botanicals Pink Clay Soap – a vegan soap bar gentle enough for her face & body
- Sonix Rainbow Brite Phone Ring Stand – so she can watch or talk in style
- Farrow Sadie Mini Hoop Earrings – because tortoise jewelry has been all the rage
- Ilia Multi Stick – an all-over all-natural lips, cheeks & eye stick
- heyday Bluetooth Speaker – a minimalist speaker that doesn’t even look like a speaker (bonus, it’s portable too)
- Tony Moly Sheet Mask – because there’s nothing more important than self-care
- Fizz Creations Beach Babe Beach towel – when she’s soaking up the sun
- Sugar & Cloth Champagne Coupe Set – for her next cocktail party or brunch