A summer cocktail combines into a summer dessert to make a Boozy Mudslide Icebox Cake that’s double the booze, cream, coffee AND chocolate.
We can’t think of nothing better than turning boozy summer cocktails into boozy summer desserts.
How does the saying go? Double the booze, double the fun?!
Except in the case of this Boozy Mudslide Icebox Cake, I, Alyssa, say double the booze, cream, coffee AND chocolate, and you’ll get lots of fun…
For this particular icebox cake, we settled on a mudslide flavor, as it’s one of our favorite frozen cocktails.
It’s essentially a boozy milkshake in cake form. (Or a classic Mudslide cocktail in cake form if you are familiar with the drink.)
Now imagine all of those flavors but in the form of a cake.
Yup, that’s exactly what this Boozy Mudslide Icebox Cake is!
What’s not to love?!
What is an Icebox Cake?
Icebox cakes, for those who don’t know, are essentially layers of cookies and cream aka easiest dessert to make ever.
From there, the options are endless.
You can flavor the cream, use a variety of cookies, add in other layers (like the cream cheese layer I did for this recipe) and even mix in things like fruit, nuts, chocolate or espresso beans.
The cake is then placed in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
This time allows all the flavors have time to meld together and create one delicious cake.
The whole waiting 24 hours can be tough, especially when you’re really itching for something sweet. (Trust me, I know!).
The bright side is that the make-ahead factor comes in real handy for easy summertime entertaining!
Our No Bake Frosted Animal Cracker Cake is a kid-friendly icebox cake that is huge hit.
Ingredients Needed to Make a Boozy Mudslide Icebox Cake
Espresso flavored liquor — Such as Kahlua
Chocolate sandwich cookies — FYI: The Mocha Joe-Joe’s from Trader Joe’s taste delicious for this recipe, but definitely aren’t necessary. You could always opt for the classic Oreos.
Extra espresso beans, sprinkles, chocolate shavings, fresh flowers, etc — For garnishing and serving
Chilling an Icebox Cake
Before serving and frosting an icebox cake, you’ll need to let it set in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
But even longer is better.
Because as the longer it sits, the more time the layers have to all meld together.
How to Store an Icebox Cake
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
After that, you can loosely cover it in plastic wrap, and store it in the freezer for up to a month.
More Boozy Desserts to Try
Isn’t it every bit as decadent and delicious as it looks?
Now you’ve got boozy cake perfection ready to serve up for all your entertaining needs!
We’re all for having my cake and eating it too.
But having my cocktails and being able to eat those too, that is something we’ll toast to!
If you’re on the search for another boozy friendly dessert, then we’ve got you with these oh so delicious recipes below —
Boozy Mudslide Icebox Cake Recipe
- Loaf pan
- Parchment or wax paper
For the flavored whip cream layer:
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Kahlua Coffee Liqueur or any other espresso flavored liquor
- 2 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur or any other Irish cream liquor
- 1 tsp instant coffee
For the cream cheese layer:
- 6 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Kahlua Coffee Liqueur or any other espresso flavored liquor
- 1 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur or any other Irish cream liquor
- 1/4 cup chocolate covered espresso beans finely chopped
For the cake:
- 10 1/2 oz chocolate sandwich cookies about 1 package
- Extra espresso beans, sprinkles, chocolate shavings, fresh flowers, etc. for garnishing and serving
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Then, line with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the cream and powdered sugar, on medium speed, until soft peaks begin to form.
- Remove half the cream to a separate container. Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator for later. This will be what you use to frost the cake.
To make the flavored whip cream layer:
- To the remaining cream, add the Kahlua and Baileys liquor and instant coffee. Beat a few more seconds, or until stiff peaks form. Remove to a separate bowl and set aside.
To make the cream cheese layer:
- Place the bowl back on the stand mixer and add in the cream cheese, powdered sugar and Kahlua and Baileys liquor. Beat on medium speed until smooth and well combined.
- Fold in the chopped espresso beans with a spatula. Set aside.
To assemble the cake:
- Spread a thin layer of the flavored whipped cream on the bottom.
- Add a layer of cookies. (I did 8 cookies). After that, spread on the cream cheese layer.
- Top with another layer of 8 cookies, then finish with the remaining flavored whipped cream.
- Cover tightly and allow to set in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
When you're ready to serve:
- Once you’re ready to serve the icebox cake, gently flip it onto a serving dish and carefully peel off the wax or parchment paper.
- Frost with the reserved whipped cream, decorate as desired and slice and serve.
Don’t forget to share your Boozy Mudslide Icebox Cake with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! Looking for more quick and delicious recipes? You can ﬁnd them all right here with a few cocktails to go along with them.