The most decadent Godiva Chocolate Martini recipe that you will ever find! It’s rich, creamy and filled with chocolate goodness all in a glass.
The Godiva Chocolate Martini is a dream come true for chocolate lovers.
It is filled to the brim with delicious famous Belgian chocolate flavors, and it’s perfectly creamy.
But do not get fooled by how sweet it looks. This dessert cocktail is potent.
Why Use Godiva Chocolate?
Godiva is a famous Belgian chocolate brand known for their icon gold box of pralines and other delicacy bonbons.
So using their delicious creations for Valentine’s Day cocktails is almost mandatory!
Plus, Godiva makes a chocolate liqueur that is absolute heaven!
The 30-proof Godiva Chocolate Liqueur is dairy-based, super velvety and smooth.
Do You Need to Use Godiva Chocolate Liqueur for this Cocktail?
This martini is a lot faster to make if you have a bottle of Godiva Chocolate Liqueur. You can find it at most liquor stores.
However, if you cannot find a bottle, then we will be showing you how you can make your own using Godiva chocolates.
Or you can also use a different brand of chocolate liqueur, even though it then will not truly be a Godiva Martini.
Does the Godiva Chocolate Martini Have Anything in Common with the Martini Cocktail or Vermouth Brand?
No, the Godiva Chocolate Martini is not truly a classic martini or the vermouth.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make a Godiva Chocolate Martini
For the Classic Godiva Chocolate Martini:
Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
Creme de cacao liqueur
Heavy cream — Or half and half or your milk of choice
Cocoa powder — For garnish. Godiva even makes their own.
Chocolate powder — For garnish
If you don’t have Godiva liqueur:
Then, you’ll need these additional ingredients —
Rumchata liqueur — For the chocolate candy version, we recommend adding Rumchata liqueur for additional vanilla and cinnamon notes that are in Godiva liqueur.
Godiva milk chocolate — We used chocolate pearls since they are easy to blend and are pure chocolate.
However, you can use Godiva chocolate bars or any of your favorite Godiva chocolates.
How to Make a Godiva Chocolate Martini
1 — In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add in the Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, vodka, creme de cacao, and heavy cream.
2 — Shake well until chilled.
3 — Optional: Rim the glass with chocolate syrup before pouring in the martini. To do so, swirl the glass as you pour, starting from the bottom of the glass and working your way up.
4 — Optional: Garnish with a powdered chocolate heart. See below on how to.
How to Make the Martini Without Chocolate Liqueur
1 — In a food processor, add 1/3 cup of Godiva chocolate and 1 ounce of heavy cream. Blend until smooth.
Make sure to blend thoroughly so that the chocolate flavor gets evenly distributed.
2 — Pour your Godiva chocolate and cream mixture, 1 ounce of Rumchata, 2 ounces of vodka and 2 ounces of creme de cacao into the cocktail shaker filled with ice.
(Note that you will be using a bit more creme de cacao. The only measurement that is the same is the vodka.)
3 — Shake until chilled.
Recipe Notes and Tips
— If you are making your own Godiva chocolate liqueur, you’ll need Rumchata. In case you cannot find Rumchata, Baileys Irish Cream will make a perfect substitution.
— You can opt for plain vodka for vanilla vodka if you want a sweeter cocktail.
— Experiment with the recipe by switching out the Godiva Chocolate Liqueur for their white chocolate or dark chocolate liqueur.
— Another garnish idea is to top the martini with chocolate shavings.
Looking for More Valentine’s Day Cocktail Recipes?
Godiva Chocolate Martini Recipe
- Food processor or blender
- Martini glass
- Heart-shaped stencil
- Fine mesh strainer
For the Classic Godiva Chocolate Martini:
- 2 oz Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- 1 oz crème de cacao liqueur
- 2 oz vodka
- 2 1/3 oz heavy cream or half and half or milk of your choice
Optional for garnish:
- Chocolate syrup
- Cocoa powder
- In a food processor, add 1/3 cup of Godiva chocolate and 1 ounce of heavy cream. Blend until smooth.
- Pour your Godiva chocolate and cream mixture, 1 ounce of Rumchata, 2 ounces of vodka and 2 ounces of creme de cacao into the cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake until chilled.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add in the Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, vodka, creme de cacao, and heavy cream.
- Shake well until chilled.
- Optional: Rim the glass with chocolate syrup before pouring in the martini. To do so, swirl the glass as you pour, starting from the bottom of the glass and working your way up.
- Optional: Garnish with a powdered chocolate heart. Place the stencil on top of the glass and slowly dust some cocoa powder while you strain it through a fine mesh strainer.
- In a food processor, add the Godiva chocolate pearls and the cream. Blend until smooth.
- Prep the glass with a bit of chocolate syrup. For this, swirl the glass as you pour, starting from the bottom of the glass and working your way up.
- Add ice up to 3/4 into the cocktail shaker and add the vodka, Godiva chocolate and cream mixture, cream de cacao, and rumchata.
- Close tight and shake for 30 seconds until the shaker has chilled.
- Pour the cocktail into the glass.
- Garnish with a chocolate powder heart. For this, place the template on top of the glass and pour some chocolate powder while you strain it through a fine mesh strainer slowly.
Don’t forget to share your Godiva Chocolate Martini with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! Looking for more quick and delicious recipes? You can find them all right here with a few desserts to go along with them.