The Passion Fruit Martini (also known as the Porn Star Martini) is delicate, fruity and sweet cocktail to indulge in. And we put our spin to this popular cocktail!
The Passionfruit Martini is a true delicacy in a drink format.
Fresh passion fruit purée and liquor, fresh pineapples and vanilla vodka make up this tropical cocktail.
There are quite a few variations of the original Passion Fruit Martini recipe.
Though it does not venture far from the original, we tweaked up this classic drink to further enhance the flavors!
What is a Passion Fruit Martini?
Contrary to its name, the only thing the Passionfruit Martini has in common with the classic Martini is that both contain vodka.
The Passion Fruit Martini recipe was invented in 2002 by Douglas Ankrah at the LAB bar in London. And it was reportedly the most ordered drink in the UK in 2018.
Ankrah named it the “Porn Star Martini” since it “evoked a stylish and confident drink that’s pure indulgence, sexy fun and evocative.”
And without any doubt, this Passionfruit Martini is all of those things.
If you want a non-alcohol drink with a similar flavor palette, try the popular cafe Copycat Pink Drink.
What Ingredients Do You Need to Make a Passion Fruit Martini?
Absolut Vodka or any vanilla vodka — Also our go-to vodka for a French 76
Passoa passion fruit liqueur
Vanilla simple syrup — The original recipe calls for vanilla sugar. However, sugar syrup dissolves easier and better than sugar.
Passion fruit puree — An added bonus not called for in the original.
Pineapple slice — Our version has a foam top not seen in the orginal due to the pineapple
Half passionfruit — To garnish
Prosecco, cava, or champagne — Served on the side as a palate cleanser and bubbly touch.
What is Passoa Liqueur?
Passoa is a passion fruit liqueur made in France. It’s ruby red, light and syrupy with a tang.
Though low in alcohol content (only 17%), it’s essential to making the Porn Star Martini.
Notes and Tips
— Serve this cocktail immediately since it does not contain ice. Although it’s untraditional, you can add some crushed ice to your glass.
— The purpose of the pineapple pulp is to achieve the foamy top, add another level of fruitless and a creamy texture. However, you can skip this ingredient if you do not like foam.
— You can top your cocktail glass with sparkling wine instead of having it on the side.
More Martini Cocktail Recipes
Passion Fruit Martini Recipe
- Cocktail strainer plus a fine mesh strainer
- Muddler or blender if you prefer a smoother texture
- Cocktail glasses chilled, one for the Passion Fruit Martini and a smaller one for the glass of Prosecco
- Measuring cups
- Glass jar to store the vanilla simple syrup
For the vanilla simple syrup:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 vanilla bean sub for vanilla extract or vanilla sugar
For the Passion Fruit Martini:
- 1 1/2 oz Absolut Vanilla Vodka or any other vanilla vodka or vodka
- 1/2 ml Passoa Passion Fruit Liqueur or any other passion fruit liquor
- 1 oz passion fruit puree fresh or frozen
- 1 oz vanilla simple syrup
- 1 pineapple slice fresh or frozen, if using frozen chunks thaw 1 oz.
- 1/2 passionfruit for garnish
- 1 glass Prosecco or Cava or champagne on the side
To make the vanilla simple syrup:
- In a saucepan, pour in 1/2 cup water and 1/2 white sugar.
- Slice open the vanilla bean half wise. Scrape out the interior seeds with the knife.
- Add the seeds and pod to the saucepan. Bring to a boil while stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, let it chill for at least 30 minutes. Store in a crystal jar.
To make the Passion Fruit Martini:
- In the cocktail shaker, add the pineapple slice in chunks and muddle it until a paste is achieved. You can muddle it until a smoother texture, or even blend it in a different container for a smoother finish.
- Add to the cocktail shaker the Vodka, Passoa, vanilla syrup and passion fruit puree, and a couple of ice cubes.
- Close the cocktail shaker and shake for a couple of minutes vigorously, so the foam is made inside. If you open the cocktail shaker and there’s no foam, keep shaking!
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass with a cocktail strain and a fine mesh strainer (for a double strain).
- Garnish with half a passionfruit. In the second glass pour some Prosecco wine, Cava, or Champagne
- Garnish with half a passionfruit. In the second glass, pour some Prosecco wine, Cava, or Champagne to serve as your palate cleanser. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to share your Passion Fruit Martini with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! Looking for more quick and delicious recipes? You can find them all right here with a few desserts to go along with them.