I’ve never been more thankful for having most of our house renovation finished than I am right now! Reminding myself to be thankful for small things is a habit I’m trying to be better about as well.
To be honest, I’ve been struggling the whole social distancing this past week. We really haven’t found a groove of trying to work on Sugar & Cloth things and juggle the babies.
We’ve had a few brand partnerships get postponed, our to-do list seems almost impossible, and both Jared and I rely on the same income for our little family of four.
We spent two 90-degree days last week trying to move everything from our storage unit back into our house/garage in order to cut down on any monthly costs that we can with all of the work uncertainties.
Not to mention, my worrying about our health and the health of our loved ones when worrying headlines are plastered all over the place.
Gwen has been watching too much TV than I would EVER usually allow. And Luca is going through a sleep regression that’s leaving me zombie-like most days.
All this while I’m trying to cut back on caffeine since I’m still breastfeeding. All in all…it’s just been an emotional roller coaster around here.
As I write all of this, I know it’s still so trivial in comparison to those of you that have lost their jobs altogether, those putting your lives and families at risk to serve in the medical field, those of you that have lost loved ones… the ones wondering where their next meal will come from. I could go on and on.
We’re all hurting in a weird way through this. But strangely there is some peace in knowing that we’re all on this together.
Here’s to coming out of this stronger together!
The Weekly Edit
- 30 (mostly free things) to do at home when you’re bored.
- Learn to weave with this starter kit.
- How we currently feel during this time while juggling two kids. Does it get any better?!
- An adorable social distancing way to tell someone you miss them.
- This make us love Starbucks even more! Please let all your first responder friends know.
- Strangers turn those little free libraries into little free pantries.
- A book that teaches your kids about germs…
- A Philadelphia bakery is selling toilet paper cakes. Anyone else still amazed that toilet paper is now a rare commodity to find?
- This smart bottle actually tracks and reminds you when to hydrate.
- Couldn’t find cheese at the grocery store? Just make your own.
- AIM is back to get you through the quarantine.
- There’s a Babysitter’s Club reboot and the cast has been revealed!
- Paint your own earrings for yourself (or gift them).
- Anyone else stress baking? Here are our fave cookie recipes: chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodles, chocolate peanut butter stuffed cookies, mocha swirl meringues, and no-bake chocolate almond cookies.