These are definitely the perfect, simple sweet treats that are healthy enough to munch on by the pool this Summer too, don’t you think?! I love anything that’s quick to make for last-minute entertaining!
Do you all have any Spring or poolside snacks and desserts that you always make? Let’s hear it!
Quick and Easy No-Bake Chocolate Almond Cookies
No-Bake Chocolate Almond Cookies
- Nonstick pan
- 1 cup unsalted almond butter (can substitute peanut butter/other nut butter)
- 0.5 cup coconut oil
- 0.5 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2.5 cup quick-cooking oats (may need more depending on consistency)
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes, plus more for garnish
- 0.25 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- Place parchment or wax paper on two large baking sheets and set aside.
- Place the almond butter and coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring often, until almond butter and coconut have melted together.
- Turn off heat and stir in maple syrup, almond extract and chocolate chips. Stir together off heat until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add in the oats, coconut flakes and almonds. Stir together, it should have the same texture as a thick cookie dough. If the nut butter is too runny, you may need to add more oats.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls (I used a medium cookie scoop) onto the parchment paper and gently flatten with the back of the spoon or scoop. Sprinkle with coconut flakes and/or chopped almonds.
- Place in the fridge to harden for at least 1 hour. They taste best when allowed to harden, but no judgements if you enjoy a few right after shaping!
- Since most of the above ingredients are pantry staples, if you start now- you can enjoy these healthy no-bake chocolate almond cookies in less than 15 minutes!