No Bake Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie — We’re serving up this No Bake Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie recipe for the holidays. All the goodness of pumpkin pie with none of the fuss!
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, it’s time to break out all our favorite pie recipes. What goes better with Thanksgiving than pie, am I right?
I, Alyssa have never been just team pumpkin pie or just team apple pie. Instead, I’ve always been team all-the-holiday-desserts.
But as I’ve gotten older and consequently busier (especially during the holidays), I’ve now also become team all-the-easy-desserts!
My go-to for a delicious pie without all the fuss? This No Bake Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie! I mean, hello. No bake?! You know it’s going to be easy!
And with a gingersnap crust you know it’s going to be anything but plain and boring. Add in that it is involves pumpkin pie, and you’ve got yourself the perfect dessert to whip up this Thanksgiving.
**Important to note: For styling purposes faux eucalyptus was used. Do not garnish with real eucalyptus as it is poisonous to consume.**
Pumpkin Pie Filling
Now, of course, while the pie is super easy to make and only requires a few ingredients.
The filling does take some time to chill and set.
Although seeing as the actual assembly of the pie takes all of 10 minutes, it’s kind of hard to be upset about the time it takes to come together.
And especially hard to be mad when you take a bite of this pumpkin pie, it’s so darn good, you’ll completely forget the wait!
The filling is super-smooth and creamy and the crust is buttery and crunchy with just a touch of spice.
In other words, this no bake gingersnap pumpkin pie recipe will soon be replacing your traditional pumpkin pie recipes.
And just a single bite may even be able to convert die-hard team apple pie people into hardcore team pumpkin pie fans!
Ok, I know it might be a tough question to answer now that you’ve seen how easy and delicious this recipe is, but are you team apple pie or team pumpkin pie for the holidays? We won’t judge if you say “Team-Both” either!
No Bake Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie
No Bake Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pie pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Large pot
For The Gingersnap Crust:
- 10 oz gingersnap cookies crushed
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 stick butter melted
For The Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin (2 ½ teaspoons)
- 0.25 cup water
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 can pumpkin puree (16 oz) not pumpkin pie filling
- whipped cream
- vanilla ice cream
For The Gingersnap Crust:
- To a large bowl, add the cookie crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Press firmly into the bottom and sides of a greased 9” pie pan. Place in the refrigerator until firm and you’re ready to add the filling (at least an hour).
- For The Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- Ccombine the gelatin and water in a large pot set over medium heat. Stir until the gelatin is dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Add the spices, condensed milk, and pumpkin puree and continue cooking and stirring continuously for about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour the filling into the prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours (but ideally overnight).
- Once the pie has chilled and the filling is set, slice and serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.