Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies — Enjoy the chewy goodness of these easy Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Cookies, the quintessential fall dessert!
Now that we’re officially into October, it’s a good idea to enjoy as many pumpkin-flavored treats as possible.
After all, there tends to be a small window when pumpkin-crazed-everything is more acceptable.
While I , Alex, suppose you can enjoy these oh so chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies all year long, they somehow taste best when the air is crisp and cool, when the leaves start to turn and when sundresses and flip flops are slowly replaced by boots, cozy sweaters and scarves.
What’s even better about these cookies? Not only do you get to shamelessly indulge in your pumpkin obsession, but you also get the perfect chewy chocolate chip cookies.
Why you might ask? Well, these cookies will continue to get chewier as they cool, making them great right out of the oven and just as delicious the next day! Aka delicious chewy cookies all week long!
Easy Recipe: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make these cookies extra chewy, I call for melted butter instead of oil or the regular stick kind.
While most cookie recipes call for creaming the butter and sugar together first, this batter is made by first melting, then cooling butter and adding it to pumpkin puree, regular and brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
The result is a light, ultra-chewy cookie — my favorite.
Benefits Of Chilling Cookie Dough Beforehand
Because of the steps mentioned above, it’s a must to chill the dough before scooping and baking. Thirty minutes in the fridge should be plenty of time.
In case your dough seems too wet though, chill for longer or add a bit more flour before baking.
More Fall Desserts To Try
How delicious are these oh so chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies?! Just add a glass of milk and you’re all set to enjoy!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Baking sheet
- 0.5 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- 0.25 tsp baking soda
- 0.25 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.5 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 0.5 cup white sugar
- 0.25 cup brown sugar
- 0.5 cup dark or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugars, vanilla and pumpkin puree.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir until just combined. Add in the chocolate chips, stir to distribute, and place the batter in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, use a small 1-tablespoon scoop to remove dough. If you don't have a cookie scoop, simply grab a small spoonful of batter. Roll into a small ball, then place on the prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly. Continue with remaining batter, leaving a 1 inch border around the cookies.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until just set. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, then place on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to share your Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! Looking for more quick and delicious recipes? You can find them all right here with a few bites to go along with them!