Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies Recipe — We’re combining the belove peanut butter and chocolate duo to make these delicious stuffed cookies!
Chocolate chip, shortbread, sugar cookies – you can’t fault the all-time favorites. Yet, sometimes it’s good to get out of the “always-baking-the-same-thing” rut and try something different and new.
And that is exactly what these Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies are! A classic flavor combination with a twist…
Instead of a standard chocolate cookie with peanut butter chips, I, Rebecca, added a peanut butter filling tucked inside the cookie dough. While baking, the filling spreads into a thin creamy layer so that both flavors are in every bite.
The other twist? The recipe calls for no eggs! So they’re a perfect option if you know someone who has an egg allergy…
The cookies themselves are soft in the center, with a hint of crispiness around the edges.
I dip them in sugar for another element of texture. This gives them a pretty finish in the oven, a bit of sparkle and pizazz.
These are really large cookies (which adds to the fun factor) so the recipe makes about 14 cookies.
To get more from the batch, you could definitely make them smaller in size. Just make sure to decrease the amount of peanut butter used, and cut a couple of minutes from the baking time to keep the chewy, soft center.
So if you need to change things up in the cookie jar, these Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies are a great way to do it (though you may have to refill it again sooner rather than later)!
A few other recipes you might love —
- White Chocolate Funfetti Popcorn
- An Easy Apple Yogurt Salad Recipe
- 3 Sparkling Ice Cream Cocktails
- 6 Snack Toast Combinations
Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies
- Nonstick cookie sheet
- 0.5 cup soft butter (one stick)
- 0.25 cup canola oil
- 0.5 cup white sugar, plus more for dipping
- 2.25 tbsp milk, divided into 1/4 and 2
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 cup cocoa (I used dark cocoa, but regular will work well too!)
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
For the peanut butter centers:
- 0.5 cup creamy peanut butter
- 0.5 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the peanut butter filling by mixing all of the ingredients together with a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy. Set aside.
To prepare the cookie dough:
- Use the hand mixer to beat together the butter, canola oil, sugar, and 2 Tbsp. of the milk until you have a light, fluffy mix.
- Sift in the salt, baking soda, cocoa powder, and flour and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the 1/4 cup of milk. The dough should be soft but a bit crumbly, and you should be able to handle it without it sticking much to your hands.
To prepare the cookies:
- Measure out the dough into 1/4 cup balls.
- Flatten them to discs about 4” across, then place 1 ½ tsp. of the peanut butter filling in the center.
- Bring the edges of the dough up around the filling, and pinch it together. If there are cracks where the peanut butter is showing through, just pinch the dough together to seal it.
- Place about a 1/2 cup of granulated sugar on an edged plate or in a bowl.
- After the dough is filled with peanut butter, flatten each ball gently and dip both sides in the sugar.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the center of the dough is set but not hard. The tops and edges should be a bit crackled.
- Remove the baked cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for about 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack. They are fairly soft when warm, so if you remove them immediately they will possibly fall apart.
- Cool thoroughly before storing in an airtight container for up to a week.
Don’t forget to share your cookie creation with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves! We love seeing all of your creations! And if you’re looking for more quick and delicious recipes you can find them all right here with a few bites to go along with them!