White Chocolate Funfetti Popcorn — A quick and easy snack that’s sweet with just a hint of salty. And best of all, this White Chocolate Funfetti Popcorn has sprinkles!
Does anyone else ever hit the middle of the afternoon and just need a sweet little pick me up? That’s when recipes like this White Chocolate Funfetti Popcorn come in very very handy.
It’s quick and easy. It’s sweet with just a hint of salty. And best of all, it’s got sprinkles. Who doesn’t love adding a dose of color and brightness to their food?
Funfetti just makes everything happier. AND it also makes it so much more appealing to kids.
You wouldn’t believe how quiet my house gets when I, Rebecca hand out bowls of this White Chocolate Funfetti Popcorn to my boys for a snack!
Ingredients Needed To Make White Chocolate Funfetti Popcorn
- Popped popcorn
- White chocolate chips
- Salt — Not needed if you use flavored or seasoned popcorn.
- Sprinkles — I recommend jimmies or confetti sprinkles.
Different Ways To Make Popcorn
When it comes to the popcorn, I like popping mine on the stove top with a little coconut oil. But you can use any method to pop your popcorn.
- Air popper — This method is incredibly simple and low-mess. The popcorn can end up a bit less tender and you need a special piece of equipment, but it’s also a great low-fat option!
- Brown paper bag — This may be the easiest option on the list! Just throw some kernels into a brown paper bag, fold down the top, and toss it in the microwave for a couple of minutes. It’s still a low fat snack, and then you can just toss the bag when you’re finished!
- Stovetop popcorn — As I mentioned above, this one is my favorite. It tastes the best and only requires equipment that you already have in your kitchen.
If you use popcorn that’s flavored or seasoned (like the microwave bagged kind), I would recommend skipping the salt in this recipe. You don’t want the White Chocolate Funfetti Popcorn to be too savory!
The idea is to have just a hint of salt to offset the sweetness of the white chocolate.
Let’s talk sprinkles next…
Best Sprinkles To Use For Funfetti Recipes
I don’t recommend colored sugars or nonpareils (the tiny little balls). But Jimmies (the long, skinny variety) or confetti sprinkles (the flat discs or shaped ones) will stick to the popcorn well.
And if you want to make a custom mix, any craft store with a cake decorating and baking section should have a variety of colors and shapes. Therefore, you can make your own mix to customize colors.
That means you can customize this popcorn for parties (click here for some football watch party inspiration) and holidays. Green and red for Christmas, hearts for Valentine’s Day, a rainbow mix just because…the possibilities are endless!
How To Make White Chocolate Funfetti Popcorn
Place the popcorn into a large bowl and set out a large baking sheet.
In a microwaveable bowl, combine the white chocolate and butter. Microwave until smooth and completely melted, stirring every 10-15 seconds to make sure that the chocolate doesn’t burn.
Once it has completely melted, drizzle it over the popcorn in the bowl, tossing it with fork until all of it is covered.
Immediately spread it out on the baking sheet, and sprinkle with the sprinkles and salt before the chocolate has hardened.
Let the chocolate cool and harden completely, then break it up in pieces.
How Long Will Popcorn Keep
Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
More Quick Snack Recipes To Try
- Sweet potato nachos
- Gingerbread candied nuts
- Dessert cheese & crackers
- 4 easy flavored popcorn recipes: Butter salt popcorn, honey butter popcorn, classic popcorn and black pepper parmesan popcorn
- Pumpkin pie kettle corn
- 3 healthy snack under 300 calories
- Funfetti granola bars
- No bake peanut butter energy bites
- Pumpkin pie pop tarts
White Chocolate Funfetti Popcorn Recipe
White Chocolate Funfetti Recipe
- Large baking sheet
- large bowl
- Microwavable bowl
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place the popped popcorn into a large bowl and set out a large baking sheet.
- In a microwaveable bowl, combine the white chocolate chips and butter. Microwave until smooth and completely melted, stirring every 10-15 seconds to make sure that the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Once it has completely melted, drizzle it over the popcorn in the bowl, tossing it with fork until all of it is covered.
- Immediately spread the popcorn mixture out on the baking sheet, and sprinkle with the sprinkles and salt before the chocolate has hardened.
- Let the chocolate cool and harden completely, then break it up in pieces.
Don’t forget to share your funfetti popcorn with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We love seeing all of your creations! And if you’re looking for more quick and delicious recipes you can find them all right here with a few bites to go along with them!