Gingerbread Candied Nuts — You still have plenty of time to make this Gingerbread Candied Nuts recipe as a quick and easy snack or for last minute gifting!
I, Alyssa think I speak for everyone when I say that one of the best things about the holidays is all of the treats.
The delicious way they taste. The wonderful smells they omit. The people you get to share them with. It’s all such a fun part of the season.
The only downside is how long many of the things can take to make. “Let sit for 2 hours”, “Chill overnight”, “Refrigerate until set”, etc….I mean, sometimes you just want a treat right now. Am I right or am I right?!
If you answered yes, then this Gingerbread Candied Nuts recipe is definitely for you.
They have all the tastes and smells of the season, but take less than 30 minutes to make. (Plus, a little cooling time, because burnt tongues are no fun!).
Oh, and did I mention that there are actual gingerbread cookie pieces in the clusters?!! I knoooow…
Gingerbread Candied Nuts Recipe
- Baking sheet
- Large pot
- 4 cup assorted nuts I used 1 cup each of pecans, walnuts, almonds and cashews.
- 1 cup ginger snaps or gingerbread cookies broken into small pieces
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- Large pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and set aside.
- In a large pot, set over a medium heat burner, melt the butter. Once it has melted, add in the molasses, sugar and spices and stir to combine. Toss in the nuts and cookie pieces and mix until everything is coated.
- Spread the nut mixture out on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the nuts have started to brown and the sugar/butter mixture is bubbling a bit.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool and harden. (FYI, the cookie pieces may seem like they’re a bit soggy, but I promise they harden right up). Once cool, break the nuts apart and enjoy.
Don’t forget to share your Gingerbread Candied Nuts with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! Looking for more quick and delicious recipes? You can find them all right here with a few desserts to go along with them!