Gingerbread Muffin Recipe with Lemon Glaze — Part-breakfast, part-sweet treat, these muffins do double duty for brunch, snacks or gifted to friends.
Make these gingerbread muffins for mornings when you want your house to smell like the holidays a little while longer.
Pour yourself an oversized cup of coffee and enjoy the incredible smell of warm ginger, molasses, and nutmeg.
The muffins themselves are incredibly soft and fluffy, similar to cake. Part-breakfast, part-sweet treat, these muffins do double duty for brunch, snacks or gifted to friends.
While these gingerbread muffins are delicious on their own, they’re even better with a drizzle of lemon glaze.
I, Alex know lemon and gingerbread might sound a bit weird together. But I promise the combination works.
Sweet citrus glaze paired with spiced, fluffy muffins… it’s a match made in muffin heaven.
How To Store Muffins
While I doubt you’ll have leftover muffins, these freeze well making them a perfect make-ahead snack.
To freeze, make sure muffins are completely cooled before wrapping in foil or freezer wrap, then placing in freezer bags.
When ready to eat, thaw at room temperature or heat foil-wrapped muffins at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until warmed through.
Gingerbread Muffins Recipe
- Muffin tin
- Large mixing bowl
For the gingerbread muffins:
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
For the lemon glaze:
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
To make the gingerbread muffins:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, sugars, molasses, oil, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring until just combined. Place ~1/4 cup batter into each muffin tin, filling 2/3 of the way up.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes. Then, lower the heat to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 5-7 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy as is or with lemon glaze, recipe below.
To make the lemon glaze:
- Mix together the powdered sugar and fresh lemon juice in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Spoon onto muffins.
Don’t forget to share your gingerbread muffins recipe with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! Looking for more quick and delicious recipes? Find them all right here with a few cocktails to go along with them!
3 thoughts on “Gingerbread Muffin Recipe With Lemon Glaze”
Finally I have found an easy way to make a muffin. Thank you so much for this tutorial.
Is the baby here?
She has arrived! Check out our Instagram :)