Funfetti Granola Bars — Cereal joins forces with cake to create one epic treat, Funfetti Granola Bars that are literally sprinkled with color and flavor!
With autumn approaching, my mind is focused on all the fall things, including back-to-school snacks! I, Alyssa can never say no to any opportunity for snacking.
Aand as far as I’m concerned, no one is too old to enjoy school snacks.
For these back-to-school (or back-to-fall) Funfetti Granola Bars, cereal joins forces with cake to create one epic treat that is, quite literally, sprinkled with color and flavor.
And major bonus points for anything that tastes like a decadent, chewy cookie disguised as a health food, which, in case you’re wondering, these do.
Did I mention that these are all mixed up in one bowl?! ONE BOWL. I mean, I’m no teacher. But I think that right there deserves a gold star.
Then again, I think this whole snack deserves a gold star AND an A++. If you’re in the class that likes sweet, sprinkled snacks, I know you’ll agree!
I’d say to bring some to share with your classmates, friends, and coworkers, but these bars don’t stand a chance of making it outside your kitchen.
However, if you muster up some will power from deep within to resist eating them all, wrap the bars in wax paper, tie them with some baker’s twine and hand them out.
Trust me when I say that everyone’s day will be made!
What do you guys like to snack on or enjoy for school snacks? I love apples with peanut butter, trail mix, chocolate covered almonds, smoothies, dried fruit, crackers and cheese….the list goes on and on!
Funfetti Granola Bars
Funfetti Granola Bars Recipe
- 8” square baking dish
- Parchment paper
- Microwaveable mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- 0.3 cup butter
- 0.5 cup honey
- 2.75 cup oats
- 0.75 cup funfetti cake mix
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch salt omit if you used salted butter
- 2 tbsp colored sprinkles for topping
- 0.75 cup white chocolate chips
- Store in individual layers with wax paper between each one to prevent them from sticking together.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line an 8” square baking dish (you can also use a 9” pan, the bars will just be slightly thinner) with parchment paper or foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a microwaveable mixing bowl, combine the honey and butter. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir a few times, then continue microwaving for 15-30 more seconds, or until the butter is completely melted.
- Add in the oats, cake mix, vanilla and salt. Stir until well combined. Lastly, add in additional sprinkles if you’d like.
- Pour the mixture into your baking pan. Use your hands or the back of a spatula to make sure everything is firmly pressed down.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the edges are brown and golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. For faster cooling, place the pan in the fridge.
- Once cool, slice into bars (I like mine between 1” and 1 1&2” wide).
- Melt the white chocolate and drizzle across the bars (Tip: Put the chocolate chips in a Sandwich ziplock bag and microwave for 30-45 seconds, or until melted. Cut off a very small corner from the bottom of the bag and then you can easily pipe on the white chocolate, with no mess, and then simply toss the bag once you’re done.)